In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Holy Cow... How much $$ does your Superintendant

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
Make??? The one in my Wife's School Distict makes $174,000. NO misprint that is One hundred Seventy four Thousand Dollars...

Comments

• Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Superintendant of the school district where my children went to school in Calif. had his office redecorated at a cost of almost a half million dollars, including the addition of a bathroom with shower, kitchen and minibar. The paint used in the redecoration cost $80 per gallon. At the time, teachers were spending an average of $200 each of their own money each year for supplies.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $75000, several teachers make more.

College president makes $520,000 plus bonuses, and my tution is still going to go up by $1500 for next year. He got an increase from 250,000 to we he makes now last year, and my tution climb.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    select-fire--That's the point that I make whenever I hear some liberal talking about how we need to raise taxes or cut the military. "We need to do it for the chiiiillldreeeeeen and for heaaaalllth caaaaare."

I laugh and tell them that TOO MUCH MONEY is being spent on education. There's lots of twisted stuff that goes on especially in those small town rural school districts. I knew of one superintendent that sat on the board of directors of the bank where the school had its bank account. The school had millions in the bank but the superintendent wouldn't let the school spend the money to repair their building that was falling apart from the insides. That superintendent was ousted and massive building efforts took place. That school is AMAZING today.

There's enough money in education. It's just tied up in the beurocracy. It's sad how most teachers don't make much at all. Teachers are supposed to be doing their job for some "higher cause" and money isn't supposed to matter but the beaurocracy gripes about how they could make more outside of the teaching profession so they "deserve" their six-figure incomes. It's two-faced.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    If it bothers you how much the superintendent makes, consider there is only one of them per district. You want to REALLY get ill? Check the salaries of the politically-appointed DO-NOTHING mid-level administrators in your district, and how MANY there are of them.

It's disgusting, when you consider how little the actual teachers are paid.

It is why private schools can educate children for about half the cost of public schools. They simply don't have the high-priced do-nothing managers in the chain of command. Their teachers are hired and retained on merit, not seniority. Perform, or go away.

In the public system, a teacher just about has to commit a crime against a student to be fired. Incompetency rules.

If you are an incompetent teacher, you can expect lifetime employment, though you might be moved to a less-challenging environment where you can do less harm.

If you are a very incompetent teacher, with a post-grad degree, you can expect to be a school principal or assistant principal.

If you are a very incompetent principal, but you kissed a lot of butts and got a post-grad degree, you can expect to be "promoted" to a mid-level management position, and be over building maintenance, bus maintenance, human resources, etc. Here you will stay where you can do little harm, unless the job of superintendent comes open, and then you might be considered for that job, but only if you are NOT a white male.

Your experience may vary, but this is what I have observed in the schools in my area. I was married to a teacher for 10 years, and have a number of friends in the system. It is garbage.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bulleye on the analysis.. Wife and I went out to eat tonight and she told me they want her to teach on Tuesday night.. The Teachers in her building... WTH.. They are already suppose to know how to teach.. Cripe the school year is half over... Education is a mess..
  • Options
    AuggyAuggy Member Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our superintendant's a joke.

Not to mention his sidekick who is esstenially his driver (Director of Transportation[8)])

His driver made twice as much as my mom who's a teacher. At least here in Indiana we're doing the right thing and cutting 50 million from school budgets. The only problem with that is money will still be spent for excess while programs are cut.
  • Options
    HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My g/f is a grade school teacher with a special ed. cert.. She also coaches jr.high volleyball,jr.high softball,cheerleading sponsor,and tutors a special needs child. She makes just over $30k and I can safely say that she easily spends over $1000 per school year on supplies for her classroom because of budget cuts in the district. BTW, the superintendant doesn't even live in this school dist., he lives in the school dist. where he is also a superintendant and commutes to our dist. splitting his time between the two districts.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    $110,000 here for the superintendant , $65,000 for a grade school principal., about $80,000 for the high school principal , entry level treaches start at I think $28,000
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hunt.. I understand what teachers spend out of their pockets a year.. I am married to one. I also HAD an educational supply store... teachers would complain all the time about their jobs.. However teachers are paid according to their education... My wife does very very well.
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    140,000 plus some terrific bonuses and perks

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Our school superintendant Dr. Ron Wimmer, here in Olathe, KS makes about $170,000.00 and we are a relative small school district. Plus who knows exactly what kind of other perks he gets (car, paid private retirement plan, huge lifetime pension, etc).

All these years the school board and much of our local community has worshiped his butt. But all I have actually see him do all these years (he finally is retiring) was to just stay out of the way while the local kids (high motivation in our county) just went ahead and with the help of the underpaid teachers turned themselves into top students.

For years I have thought bums like Wimmer were grossly overpaid, along with many of his "special" assistants.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    FishnshootFishnshoot Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our superintendent makes 300 to 350K per year.