In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

We loved you Pelo

screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
We loved you for the way you were able to make us laugh at the funny things you did. You were loved for the way you could makes us feel better after we had a bad day. You were a new life for us to love after Buddah died because you filled a empty spot in our hearts. We won't forget how you loved to go for car rides and stick your head out the window. Please forgive me for doing what I had to do the same way we forgave you when you chewed the furniture. It was the last thing I ever wanted to do but there was no other way. I pray we will meet up again in heaven and it will be like old times. You were one of a kind Pelo and while it hurts us to know you won't be there when we wake up tomorrow we will always love and remeber you[img][/img]hpim0086.th.jpg

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry for your loss.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I take it Pelo is your dog and he died today.

If that is the case, my sincerest condolences...
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Always sucks to lose a friend whether it be man or beast. Best of luck
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    You will see your friend again in heaven.
    God bless you, Pelo.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very sorry,..been a few years and still hurts here.
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If possible, lay him to rest under a tree near a creek. It helped me the last time I had to do this.
  • SpokesSpokes Member Posts: 341 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's tough to lose a good four legged friend. They take a piece or our heart with them when they go. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my Barney a little over 2 years ago, I know I will see him at the bridge....
    Don

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    If Dawgs don't go to heaven, neither will I.

You have my condolences.

Doug