In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ya Picked the Wrong One, Dad (C&P)

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
This falls under the "unintended consequences" catagory...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090515/od_nm/us_britain_prostitute_odd

Man tried to hire prostitute for his son, 14
Buzz Up Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Fri May 15, 12:44 pm ET
LONDON (Reuters) - A man who tried to hire a prostitute to take his 14-year-old son's virginity as a present was spared jail by a court on Friday.

The Polish national took the boy out in his car and allowed him to pick out the prostitute, who was standing at the side of the road in the red-light district of Nottingham.

But the 42-year-old father was arrested because the teenager had chosen an undercover police officer, Nottingham Crown Court heard.

The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was handed a 10-month prison sentence, suspended for a year, after he admitted a charge of trying to solicit a woman to have sex with a child, the Press Association reported.

The court heard that the father, who came to Britain eight years ago, was arrested last July during an undercover operation by the city's vice squad.

Prosecutor Adrian Harris said the man and his son had approached the undercover officer whose code name was Sarah and beckoned her over .

He asked "Sarah" how much it would cost for her to have sex with his son and they agreed on a 20 pound fee. However, when the car pulled over, the man was arrested by plainclothes police officers.

"The boy said that they had driven past the girl and his dad pointed to her and said 'will she do?'" Harris said.

"He said 'yes' and they had turned round. He said his dad did this because he was still a virgin and he was taking care of that for him."

Judge Jonathan Teare said he would spare the father jail because of his excellent character and that he believed he did not mean any harm to his son.

"You have a duty of care to your son and that is to look after his moral welfare, not as you might think to break him in to the ways of sex through a prostitute," he said.

The court was told the boy would continue to live with his father.

(Reporting by Michael Holden; Editing by Steve Addison)

When I turned 16, my Dad bought me a leather wallet for my newly issued driver's license, and a bottle of cologne. I guess he figured I'd get laid on my own[:o)]

Comments

• BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    When I turned 15 my dad told me, "if you know what's good for you you'll keep your **** in your pants"

That was about the closest to "the talk" that we ever had [:D]
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper
    When I turned 15 my dad told me, "if you know what's good for you you'll keep your **** in your pants"

My wife tells me the same thing now?!?
  • cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper

My Mom told me and my brother "the first one to make me a grandma dies". That was our talk.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Girls taught me everything I learned about sex. Dint have the "Birds 'n Bees" talk with Dad until WAY too late.

Doug