In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wow...

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
This place is dead at 2:36 am CST...

Comments

• 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somebody is posting spam about Tila Tequila's sex tape on gunbroker... How do these goons get accepted onto the forum in the first place?
    edited November -1
    On another forum a rifle sold in the classifieds. I was interested because I have one exactly like it. The one that sold was reblued and badly worn since refinishing with little bluing left and showed evidence of substantial pitting beneath the refinish. It also had a replacement butt stock. I would call it poor condition.

Mine has not been refinished and looks pretty good for its age with no metal damage or issues with the wood. I wonder what mine would fetch seeing as how the one in poor condition immediately sold for $5,000.

I keep telling my wife she will be a millionaire when I die but I don't think she believes me. She isn't tracking gun values.
    edited November -1
    I've realized that I like the people who post this time of the day (or night) a lot better than during the typical daytime hours (which are mostly night time hours for me).

There's very little bickering, or arguing, or name calling. It's kinda pleasant.
    edited November -1
    That didn't last long[:0]
    Don
    edited November -1
    by watching the news, one would think Elizabeth Edwards was the only person who ever died of cancer. I don't get all of the press coverage. She was just the wife of a guy that ran for President and also publicly humiliated by her cheating husband. Am I missing something else?
  • cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does that mean we should start acting like kids now?
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why thank ya![:D] Now you on the other hand....

Jon
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Z- lets dance, Where are you located [?] Stateside[?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong

Bagdad International Airport.
    edited November -1
    Thats a little south of Mosul
    edited November -1
    Thats a little south of Mosul

If you get a chance to swing down this way, I'll tell you how to find me. My mission doesn't take me much out of the Bagdad area, but at least I get to leave the VBC.
    edited November -1
    Z- Been gone from tht area since 04. I m home in Augusta. Close to Ft Gordon
  • 101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7

Bagdad International Airport.
    Zulu; While your there, shoot one of them terrorist scum bags for me, hell shoot him twice! I'll have a mixed drink for you, wild turkey & ice! Keep up the great work over there!
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Morning Zulu just in case you might be missing some WI spring ,its 8:15 my time , its 42 degrees out with a strong NW wind blowing , I'm about 5 miles due west of Ft McCoy
    these where taken a few days ago
    Stay Safe over There
    fire on south post
    DSC00001-18.jpg
    close up
    DSC00004-4.jpg
    my son Josh , just before he hits the dirt , LBW rodeo in Gays Mill WI
    DSC00023-8.jpg
    edited November -1
    Maybe I'll swing down your way on my new bike when I go home on leave.
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think everyone here with the daytime posting habbits is being relatively civil. I haven't been hunted down or jumped on by the crowd in at least three days....which is a record.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I think everyone here with the daytime posting habbits is being relatively civil. I haven't been hunted down or jumped on by the crowd in at least three days....which is a record.

Shut-up already!

[:p]
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Jake,

You got mosquito's down there at BIAP? I'm getting eaten alive up here! Killed 5 in my hooch last night before going to bed around midnight. Woke up at 4am and killed 5 more! I got my blood all over my walls.

Dan
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Ya'll just keep your spirits up and be careful. You need anything?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    Hey Jake,

You got mosquito's down there at BIAP? I'm getting eaten alive up here! Killed 5 in my hooch last night before going to bed around midnight. Woke up at 4am and killed 5 more! I got my blood all over my walls.

Dan

Yup. We sure do. All those lakes and canals that Saddam Insane built around the airport are a perfect breeding ground for the little bastages. I've got bites on both arms that I get while I'm sleeping. If you can (if your mission allows it), you should try to get down here.

quote:Originally posted by drjew

Venison jerky is ALWAYS welcome. I could settle for some butcher shop beef jerky though. I don't care for the pre-packaged stuff too much...it's too moist. I like the stuff that you get from the butcher shop where you can pound a nail into concrete because it's so hard.
    edited November -1
    I'll see what I can find. Thanks guys.
    edited November -1
    I'll see what I can find. Thanks guys.

Thanks Dave. It really does mean a lot to us soldiers over here to know that there are still people back home who care about us.
    edited November -1
    More than you'll ever know Jake.
    edited November -1
    Email me a shipping address.
    edited November -1
    Email me a shipping address.

Check the bottom of my signature.
    edited November -1
    I keep them turned off because some sigs are ridiculously long and idiotic. I'll check.
    edited November -1
    SPC Jacob Jennerman
    D Co 1-128 INF
    APO AE 09342
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    Hey Jake,

Dan

Yup. We sure do. All those lakes and canals that Saddam Insane built around the airport are a perfect breeding ground for the little bastages. I've got bites on both arms that I get while I'm sleeping. If you can (if your mission allows it), you should try to get down here.

Venison jerky is ALWAYS welcome. I could settle for some butcher shop beef jerky though. I don't care for the pre-packaged stuff too much...it's too moist. I like the stuff that you get from the butcher shop where you can pound a nail into concrete because it's so hard.

I'll be down there mid/end July to fly out for R&R. Thinking I'm just gonna go back to the US. Save some $$$.

I hear the goal is to get through Baghdad as fast as possible. I got lucky on the way up here, was in and out with in a couple hours. I hear the transient quarters for my company are disgusting, good place to catch something. Most try to stay awake the whole time they are down there.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,298 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

Shut-up already!

[:p]

dueschbag!!
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    "gentleman"...Jeez, Doctor !!

Doug