In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Washington Residents/ Gun Show INFO?

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
There is a gunshow in Chehalis this weekend, this is a regular show venue but I have never been. Have any of you guys gone and is it a good show?
I know Portland is happening this weekend so I'm thinking this might be a good time to go (fewer buyers/lower prices)
If I go to portland, can I legally buy guns there and bring them across state lines as a private individual? I have never made myself certain of the laws regarding interstate sales of firearms and I get conflicting oppinions from people I ask. Some say you can some sy you can't some say it's fine for rifles and shotguns but not allowed for pistols.
I could look this up but we might serve to inform everyone by putting the information here.

Comments

• MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can buy long guns at Portland and bring them back that day. Handguns can be bought and shipped to your dealer to be transfered to you. The best way to do the Portland show is to talk to a dealer before you go and bring a few copies of their FFL, So the Portland dealer has shipping info on your handgun.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    You can buy long guns at Portland and bring them back that day. Handguns can be bought and shipped to your dealer to be transfered to you. The best way to do the Portland show is to talk to a dealer before you go and bring a few copies of their FFL, So the Portland dealer has shipping info on your handgun.

What about private parties? can you buy from a private party without going thru a dealer? My dealer charges me 25 bucks for a transfer and while he is a nice guy, I think he and his wife are very skittish about handing out the copies of their ffl, Last time I got one from them to mail she almost flipped out because she only wanted to fax it to whatever dealer, she did not want to mail it to a private seller.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Washington DC gun show?????[:D][:D][:D][:D][}:)][}:)][}:)]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    The Expo Center is flooded with plainclothes Policemen, and they bust a lot of illegal transactions...

MVP has the scoop on handguns.

DO NOT TRY TO MAKE A PURCHASE IN THE PARKING AREA - either in the lot or on the street.

Even if you are you doing nothing outside the law, your trip might be delayed for several hours.

Let me know if you are going & maybe we can meet. I've got a free ride to the beach today, but I'll be around tomorrow.

503-864-2453

Doug
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,869 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Technically I believe a person to person out of state sale is a violation. I think all out of state sales are supposed to go through an FFL. We go to the Chehalis show at least a few times a year. The last couple of times it there seemed there were some pretty good buys on hunting type arms. I was kind of looking for a Contender, and there were several that wern't priced too bad for a show.

I don't think we will go this time though. We have some rare nice weather so we better stay home and work.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    Technically I believe a person to person out of state sale is a violation. I think all out of state sales are supposed to go through an FFL. We go to the Chehalis show at least a few times a year. The last couple of times it there seemed there were some pretty good buys on hunting type arms. I was kind of looking for a Contender, and there were several that wern't priced too bad for a show.

I don't think we will go this time though. We have some rare nice weather so we better stay home and work.

I think I will check out chehalis today, Im about 2 1/2 hours away the portland show sounds like a pain in the butt,I don't need problems with the PO-PO huh jim? lol[:p][:0] Ill write down you number doug, if I end up coming all the way down there I will give you a call.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Cool.

I'd like to meet you & maybe other GB guys there, too.

Haven't been to a large show in a couple of years.

Doug