In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M1 Tanker change over

Cane millCane mill Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I need to know what I will need to change over a M 1 Tanker to longer type. I just bought this off Broker and was thinking it was an original Tanker. The receiver is Springfield and the barrel is made by Federal ordnance with a Nation Match rod and Springfield bolt. I'm not really in to keeping it now and would sale or trade, but would be interested in changing it over to original style.
I paid very good, good money for it and I know I can't get my money out of it or would not even try because I know it is not an original. I paid alittle over $1000.00 with shipping.
If someone could help me out by letting me know what to do to change it over please let me know. I know it will need another barrel that is full lenght.
Thanks, Don

Comments

• countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    I would try to sell it with the knowledge it is not oringinal. People pay money every day to convert M1 to Tankers, this would save someone the trouble and you MIGHT get close to your money back.
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What exactly is ". . . an original Tanker." ?
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    There NEVER was an "original" "Tanker Garand".

I used to hang around Fed Ord in El Monte when they were building these junk abortions.

Try to give it back.

They are trash, and the firearm isn't worth $300.

Check with the Garand guys on the "Ask the Experts" Forum.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

If you want a quality short Garand, go to the Auction side and search "Mini-G".

Good luck

Doug