In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

As Rainman says, K-mart sux

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
edited February 2007 in General Discussion
Stopped by the one in Decatur last weekend cause a friend said they had hunting stuff 75% off. Picked up a fanny pack that was $10 but it rang up $5. They had to get a manager over to override and give it to me for the 75%. Stopped by tonight to get another one and also a rain coat. It is sorta like my new Squall Tech from BPS but it would be about $15 and good enough to leave in the boat. The rain coat rang up correct but the fanny pack rang up at 50% and a meat saw rang up the price on the tag. The manager comes over to fix it and says "how do I know that the price on the tag isn't 75%?" I commented that the sign says 75% off the price marked. He says he has to take it to check what the price should be. I tell him he can just keep it. I'm not waiting around on him. He huffs off and the saleslady apolizes to me. I tell her loud enough that it is not her fault her manager is a jerk. As I walk out he shoots me a dirty look and I tell him that with service like that it is no wonder they are going out of business. Last time I go in there.

Comments

• Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Within 6 months of the local Wal-Mart opening its' doors, the K-Mart across the street went out of business.

Not from price competition, but from attitude. The K-Mart had been open maybe 7 or 8 years and most of its' personell had an arrogant manner. The Wal-Mart people were nice, and the locals just quit buying from K-Mart.

Too bad this doesn't happen to all the sellers that don't respect their customers.

D.