In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New rifle - Redux

ZzzzippgunZzzzippgun Member Posts: 28
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
When I told my fiance that I was going to spend my $1500 tax refund on a new rifle, she got upset and said I should take the money and put it together with her current engagement ring and get a bigger diamond. I really love her and want to be married to her someday. What should I do?????

Comments

• Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're being tested.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buy the gun thier much easier to get along with
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell her NOW that you run the finances and will someday when you get married. If she gets upset dump her, but first ask for the ring back.
  • Options
    toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Get the rifle, they increase in value unlike wives and girlfriends.[:0][:D]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasn't there a post about getting married to your gun.

Dearly beloved we are here to join this man and his gun in forever bliss.

Do you ..... take this gun to be your own to have and to hold to keep clean and never let rust to keep loaded never forsaking to not have ammo on hand for or to not take out and shoot at least 1 a month. for as long as you both shall live.

And do you gun take this man to be yours never not firing to give him long life and to never fail him in time of need.

Do you have custom grips to give to the gun.

repeat after me with this grips I thee wed.

I now pronouce you married you may shoot the gun.

And no ring think about it.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember if'n ya buy the gun and she ask to hold it, just say NO[:D][:D]

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • Options
    bitemebiteme Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    caught between a rock and a hard place huh? good luck.

be safe,

John

Life is simple.
    Living is what makes it complicated.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Trust me, this'll work: tell her the gun's an "investment" on a bigger diamond... and then ask to borrow a pair of her panty hose and a getaway car.

If that don't impress her, nothing will.
  • Options
    powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    She may be diggin' but may be testin'.

Split the difference and buy a different gun.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • Options
    bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    zip: there was your first mistake[xx(] telling her how much you were getting back from the IRS.

Your next was telling her you were going to buy a gun.[B)]

The only way I see you getting out of this mess is whatever you buy with it, you better buy her something too.[8D]

Of course it dosent have to coast as much as your gun did.[:D]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Get the ring back from her. AND RUN LIKE H*** If she is not happy with what you already gave her, then she will NEVER be happy. Theirs more out their.[:0][:0]
  • Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take the money, put it together with the present engagement ring, use it to buy a better gun. Next, find another woman, unless you want to spend the rest of your life in similar situations..

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • Options
    OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask to see the current ring, then take it to the Pawn shop, get some cash, put it with the IRS monies, go get something that you can really enjoy for a long time, the gun.[:)]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Get the ring back, sell it and get 2 guns. SOunds to me like she's a digger. Beware!!!!!
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the old question. "Doses this make me look fat?"

No right answer here. But I have to ask about any women who askes for pretty things. This is not like something more pracrical like a new couch, stove, car, bed etc.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Let me get this straight. You're not presently married. She wants to tell you what to do with your money.

Hmm...what's wrong with this picture?

Get your priorities straight and set the footprint for the future Now and Fast!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • Options
    ZzzzippgunZzzzippgun Member Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    Thanks everybody. I spent $4500 on the ring she has now. I was already wandering if she was just interested in my money, anyways. We been together for 2 years, but she won't sleep with me until our wedding night.

I think I'll try to get the old ring back and find myself a new woman.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any woman that cares a bit about the size of the rock is a digger. A $750 "chip" has been fine for 26 yrs. here....I'm sorry, but she sounds shallow....YOU should be the prize, not a ring!!!!!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    I traded a nice rifle for Mrs. Blue's small rock - but she wore a gold band for 19 years before she got a diamond... She must love me a little[:D]
    If yours is not satisfied with a $4500.00 rock and wants to complain - TAKE BACK THE RING - buy the original rifle, and a simple band of gold. Tell her if she complains again she can hit the road!! My guess is - she will hit the road soon as you take back the ring she has[V]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BlueTic, I sold a chopped Honda 450 for the cash to pay for that tiny rock...Don't laugh, in '76, it was a cool bike...Best trade I ever made..[^]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    It sounds like a loose-loose scenario.. but you can probably turn it around.

Here's a thought..
    Have the diamond refurbished and inserted in a new ring of her choice.
    A lot of people do that here, when the old ring is scratched, looses it's shine and such.

It's also a way to keep up - and it's not too expencive - would leave you with enough for a gun too.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    He's a dip, idiot, moron and simpleton. I hope he sells his computer to get the greedy ---- a ring. Then we wont have to listen to him.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    There are 4 posts in a row that pretty much spell it out for you, Zip!

Chuck:
    quote:
    Get the ring back from her. AND RUN LIKE H*** If she is not happy with what you
    already gave her, then she will NEVER be happy. Theirs more out their.

Oldgunner:
    quote:Take the money, put it together with the present engagement ring, use it to buy a
    better gun. Next, find another woman, unless you want to spend the rest of your life in
    similar situations..

Oklahomabound:
    quote:
    Ask to see the current ring, then take it to the Pawn shop, get some cash, put it with
    the IRS monies, go get something that you can really enjoy for a long time, the gun.

AJChrist:
    quote:Get the ring back, sell it and get 2 guns. SOunds to me like she's a digger. Beware!!!!!

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty to Mexico so his "oil buddies" can help privatize the Mexican oil industry!
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I sold my two AK's, fifteen mags, and accesories to get my 'ex an engagement ring.

Biggest mistake I ever made.

If she leaves you because you bought a rifle, it just wasn't meant to be.

My second wife I told her after I proposed that 'if she cheated on me I would kill her and if she couldn't marry me under those conditions then I fully understand'. She said yes and I've lived the happiest last 3 years of my life. If she would of said no, then it wasn't meant to be.

If she wants a bigger engagement ring you should pretty much see where her mind is, wasting your money. If she wants you to buy her a bigger ring to get married....tell her ok but next year you are getting that rifle.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zzzzzzzz - you ALREADY bought her a ring. If she doesn't like it, tell her to get lost. If it's not good enough now, it never will be. Trust me. I was very serious with one just like that about 6 years back. I had just been accepted to Graduate School for my MBA. I was doing this part-time, in the evenings after my full-time job, and paying for it myself (60 credits at $1000 a credit before books, registration, etc. - do the math). Anyway, I was spending more than I had at the time to "maintain" this one, and when I told her that I had just been accepted to one of the top-rated finance MBA programs in the country, do you know what her response was? Well, I'll tell ya . . it was, "Gee, that sounds really expensive." I replied with, "Yeah, I'm going to have to cut back a little bit." To which she pointed to herself and countered with, "If your going to cut back, don't start here." Well, I did cut back. I didn't spend another dime on her. And you know how much longer we lasted after having been together for over a year? 2 months.

Today I (a few dicey relationships later) am dating a wonderful lady - and I am really considering building a future with her. All I can say, is thank God I got rid of the other one.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Thanks everybody. I spent $4500 on the ring she has now. I was already wandering if she was just interested in my money, anyways. We been together for 2 years, but she won't sleep with me until our wedding night.

Good God man! Don't you have any friends that will slap the hell out of ya! As Monty Python said "RUN AWAY!"

OR...

Get her a "bigger" diamond and marry her. After the wedding find out ya still ain't gettin' laid!

"RUN AWAY!!"

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    He's a dip, idiot, moron and simpleton. I hope he sells his computer to get the greedy ---- a ring. Then we wont have to listen to him.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911

I never spoke truer words.

I just dint know it, then.

Doug
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    tell her how the jews own all the diamonds and control how much they are worth. then tell her that if all the diamonds were released, her diamond would be worthless.

just hope she doesn't find info on yogo sapphires

then go buy your gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You ain't been payin' attention, neither.

Doug