In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dave W.

Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
would you rather it been a 4-5 vote the other direction?

Democracy will never be in full agreement but I am glad that the majority still has sense.
I don't care for the justices who voted wrong on this case any more than you but I am glad that there were a majority that voted right.

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    This is not a personal message.

I'm awake,

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    edited November -1
    Book arrived today, Thank you..

Lance
    edited November -1
    Package Arrived Via Fedex
    Today[:)]
    I will Get it to Maddy this Weekend
    Thank You Folks Again [^]
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    edited November -1
    hey did you get the package.
    good read hope you enjoy.
    edited November -1
    Hey, I moved onto NAS. Give a holler at will270win at nraonlinedotcom and lets hit the Waffle House this Sunday. Or, better yet, wanna go turkey huntin'?
    edited November -1
    I can't remember what you said that your brother liked other than fishing. Does he have any other hobbies?
    edited November -1
    Hey man if you are still on the forum or will be any time today send me an email. I tried to send one to you but these damn gov. computers suck and wont let me access any links.

A CLEAN GUN IS A HAPPY GUN.
    edited November -1
    Have you got any of my e-mails? I was also wondering how your dad is doing, I haven't seen him posting lately. Is he OK?

"Aim small...Miss small"
    edited November -1
    I HAVE FINISHED THE BOOK CO.AYTCH.
    AN WOULD LIKE TO SEND IT AROUND SO EVERYONE ON THE LIST CAN READ AN SIGN.
    IF YOU WOULD SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS I WILL GET IT HEADED YOUR WAY.
    REVEIW: GOOD READ, WAR IS HELL. CANT IMAGEN HOW LONG 4 YRS REALLY IS.
    LOTS OF HISTORY I DIDNT PIC UP IN GA. OR SC. STATE HIS. CLASS.
    THEM TENN VOLS ARE STILL A GOOD BUNCH TO STAND WITH.
    edited November -1
    Send me an email with your cell phone # I tried your old # & its says it is not a working #

I am try'n to buy a little boat and its in your neighborhood. If you not too busy I would like for you to take a closer look at it.

The boats 63'LOA 16'9" Beam 4'6" Draft with a steel hull, an trucking it up here will cost a lot, so I would like for you to take a little look at it & see how bad I'm getting beat.

My direct email is

dlittle@uscattlehaulers.com

Thanks Dave,
    Dan
    edited November -1
    I just got around to looking up the thread about the Kobe Beef [:p]...I had ask you about.
    Hot Water Heater went..and had to be replaced, ouch!...been busy as a one armed paper hanger.

...THANKS for the info link, found a store in Dallas on Lovers Ln..will call and check them out.
    Yes sir, I get over that direction lunch and beer sounds good you old salt...thanks again...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
    edited November -1
    YOu said Additionally it happens to be a block on the auction damn near right under the current bid, how is the complicated stuff

If you are saying that is where the shipping information is given and payment method. It does not have a fixed amount in the auction for shipping. It does not say if the ffl can be faxed, emailed, carried there on a camel or taken via canoe up the river. Payment could be in us quarters , postal money order, gold, pesos , i do not know. I just try to verify payment/ffl with every seller. I can assure you i am not hard to deal with. You can ask shootuadeal and others i have bought from. I pay fast and get my ffl there fast.
    edited November -1
    You have mail.
    edited November -1
    No hard feelings, everything I said was in jest.

It's always a proud day in a guy's life, when he buys a new truck.

Congrats and enjoy! [:)]
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    believe it or not, I can't leave the shop right now to call, you, higher ups running around. O.K. for me to hang out on GB but not to go make a phone call. This is still not a personal message....

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh well, I call give me two minutes

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the call. It is always a great pleasure to hear from you, Son.

Thank you for your dedication in defending America.

This is not a personal message, it applies to all my Sons who called and are defending America.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doug, I've had the pleasure of meeting one of your sons. You did a fine job raising him. My compliments. This isn't a personal message either.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure glad these are not personal messages. [;)] [:D] [:o)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is not a personal message, Congratulations on a fine son and American.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
    edited November -1
    His brothers and sister are his (near) equals.

I have been Blessed, indeed.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To help make it a little less personal,it appears you have indeed.[:D]

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I email my dad at 3 or 4am ...6 or 7 am EST...then follow up with a call.
    edited November -1
    How very interesting.

What else do you sometime do?

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    edited November -1
    Dad keeps odd hours. He gets up early, sometimes at 4 a.m., even though he's retired.

When I moved West to be with Julie when she accepted a job with this County, he felt I was splitting the family, at an especially bad time. Just when he, at 66, and with five children, just had the first of two grandchildren.

I swear, I told him he sounded ten years younger a couple of weeks after the first. And he said he felt it. And he had played golf that day. I said "Bet your game was better". And it was.

Dad hates guns, but after I had a long talk and went into scenarios in-which home invasions could happen in his insular suburban world, he understood the value of a firearm, especially when having a dinner party with a dozen friends. A host should always be ready and able to protect those under his roof.

Dad and I are not as close as I'd like, but we both do what we can to improve this. We keep up emails and a weekly conversation on the phone, when time permits.

Julie and I will visit back east this summer, on a date to coincide with our birthdays, just five days apart.

I'd rather go in autumn, but the folks prefer ASAP, as folks will.

Julie's mom from AZ will visit for five days on our one year anniversary. She'll take the bedroom, and I'll take a tent outside. Julie can join me, or take a couch. We will be frugal in that regard, since hotels charge "high season" rates even in early May.

I hope to meet up with your son soon. Trap55 offered to come up from Dixon and step us through reloading, but I bet Dave and I will do fine ourselves. It is the fine finesses that we want Trap for.

Now's the time for that, with me healing up from that nasty knee accident. I'll be getting SO busy as soon as I'm mobile. Like 60+ hours/week busy.

Julie wants to take in the ballet in S.F. in late March, but I've a Symphony one night and a matin?e the next day. Pretty strange, seeing miles of farms and then a full symphony...

So, how about you? What's up? Need some more USa patches? I've still got 600+.[:D]

It's funny. I give them away for free here, but some people find my auction and BUY them for a buck a piece.
    edited November -1
    Things just keep going along. Health is still shot. Miss my Kids. Having fun with my littlist - the 14 year old - going shooting with her this weekend. She just earned her orange belt in Shao Lin Kempo last week, and is pretty proud.

email me, please.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    edited November -1
    Your youngest is 14? How many all together?

animals.gif

The word
    "Shaolin" means: Young Pine Tree Forest.?When one comes into our
    centers they are young (independent of their true age).? As time prog-
    resses and? lessons? are? learned? and? techniques are mastered,? the
    student begins to mature, just a a pinecone turns into a tree.
    edited November -1
    I'm privileged to have 6 Children. In order of birth: Steve, Doug, David, Darren, Andrea and Deanna. Steve, Doug and Darren are/were Soldiers,; Dave is a Sailor, Andrea is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Biology (minoring in Math), Deanna is in 8th grade with aspirations to be a professional horse breeder/show jumper and trainer.

They have all been(are) outstanding people. Sometimes I think that God has played some obscure joke in giving a guy with such a checkered background a group of such wonderful Offspring - I certainly don't deserve them!

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911