In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some ask about .22 LONG ???

Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Whoever was asking about these, send me an email.

I ran across a few cartridges.

Doug

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I always pick up a couple of boxes when they do a limited run every 5 or so yesrs. The same with .22 WRF. You have to get them when they are run, and the runs are getting longer and longer in between. The .22 shorts will be next, but I've got a good supply of them right now.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Longs were once made in std and high velocity.
    High velocity longs came in both solid and hollow point.
    Unfortunately,I believe today's versions come only in toned down std velocity.
  • cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've got a remington mod. 12 22 pump and longs work best in it. i've been shooting it for 50 years and have never seen a hollow point in the long. i could use some longs as they are hard to find in this area. both the shorts and long rifle sometimes jam but never the longs. it's a shame only cci makes the longs anymore and when i find them most ar cb longs. i need some standard or high velocity longs.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    George - email me with your address and I will illegally mail you the handful that I have.

Sorry it isn't more.

Be sure you tell me that it's about the .22 Longs, or I will have no clue.

Doug
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    we still get wimchester ones here...22 long zimmer if i remember right..i saw a heap (abaut 5000 rounds) in my local gun shop 2 days ago.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    "zimmer" is a German word for... bathroom ??

Doug