In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I wish my gun would get here!!!

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I ordered a Glock 19c over 4 months ago and Glock is sooooo far behind on orders it may be the end of summer before it is made. Yes I know I can buy one here for a much higher price than what I am paying for it. I just think its amazing that it is taking 6 months to get a handgun.

comments? other than the typical glock hater comments??

Comments

• Options
    lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I ordered a Glock 19c over 4 months ago and Glock is sooooo far behind on orders it may be the end of summer before it is made. Yes I know I can buy one here for a much higher price than what I am paying for it. I just think its amazing that it is taking 6 months to get a handgun.

comments? other than the typical glock hater comments??

Can't imagine anyone disliking the desire to wait 4 months plus for plastic from the tupperware company.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I personally would be willing to wait 29 plus years.

Oh wait.

I have.

Are you spossed to actually ORDER it before you start the waiting
    time ??

Should one already have the product liability attorney lined up before you order it ??

Should you be willing to take the exploding handgun settlement BEFORE you get delivery of the appliance ??

Questions, questions...

Doug
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, someone with enough nerve to post a gun related issue on a gun forum.........interesting concept.

When you get choosey sometime you have to wait. If it's what you want at the price you want, that's life. Supply and demand rules the market.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    how much are you saving by waiting? never mind. I just figured out life is too short to wait for what I want....[:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My oh my..so many hurtful combats...I love my tactical tupperware, works just as good as any of my other pistols...

$425 is the price....and I would like to point out that when the order was placed I didn't know it would be a cold day in hades before it would arrive
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45 that I purchased on a 3 week backorder and it's going on 7 weeks now. No biggie to me, I would like to play with it, but I have 5 other .22's to keep me busy.

It has taken so long that the dealer has offered to do a transfere for no charge when the time comes that I need one done. And I have one coming, I plan to order my Glock 22 RTB2 in about a month, so I can have it shipped to him and not pay extra on paperwork. Pretty cool, sometimes it pays to wait.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    theyre so unpopular, so unreliable, so dangerous, and so not worth the money that the factory working two shifts cant keep up with the orders and is months behind. right. a logical conclusion.

anything else from the disciples on this one?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I have personal experience with a Glock kb, but that was an ammo issue...I love my Glocks, including the one I carry at work.

Some people hate change, and the 1911 crowd is particularly threatened by the Glock 21 and 21sf as it has nearly twice the magazine capacity.

Many may not like them, or infact may hate them....but many more apparently like and love them...Glock is over 200,000 units behind, and its the most popular handgun used in Law Enforcement in the US.

When you can by 3 Glocks for every two Sigs or H&Ks then it makes sense for PDs to buy them. Besides if polymer pistols were so horrible...why does virtually every major pistol manufacturer now make a line of polymer framed pistols?
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Well I have personal experience with a Glock kb, but that was an ammo issue...I love my Glocks, including the one I carry at work.

Some people hate change, and the 1911 crowd is particularly threatened by the Glock 21 and 21sf as it has nearly twice the magazine capacity.

Many may not like them, or infact may hate them....but many more apparently like and love them...Glock is over 200,000 units behind, and its the most popular handgun used in Law Enforcement in the US.

When you can by 3 Glocks for every two Sigs or H&Ks then it makes sense for PDs to buy them. Besides if polymer pistols were so horrible...why does virtually every major pistol manufacturer now make a line of polymer framed pistols?

please dont try facts and logic on the disciples. its wasted effort.
  • Options
    9 on the floor9 on the floor Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Glock 19 two years ago just to see what all the fuss was about. I'm pretty much a 1911 type, but I love my little wimpy 9mm Glock. I've even got it on my carry permit now. I catch hell from the Glockophobes, but I think it's mostly in fun. I have many rounds through it now with nary a KB, mostly handloads. I think You'll like your 19c. I wish I'd bought one sooner. P.S. My 1911's are NOT for sale!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh I already own a Glock 19 among 3 other Glocks(27, 22, 24c)...I've had my 19 for 4-5 years...I love it, its my favorite carry guns, its the perfect size.

My 19 is accessorized with a Duracoat digital ACU slide and barrel that look awesome.

I wanted another 19 and decided to get a C model because it was only $20 more!

PS I own 1911s, and have owned 1911s including a Caspian and a few Kimbers and I like 1911s too

Glock19camo_004.JPG

Glock19camo_005.JPG
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I FINALLY got my COLT brushed satinless Lightwight Commander in .38 Super, yesterday.

It is jewel-like.

It is also paperweight-like, since there is no ammunition to be had for it.

But, it sho-nuff looks great, sitting on top of a stack of gun rags.

Probably could have bought 3 Glocks for the same money.

It's all a matter of personal taste.

If we were all alike, y'all would be wantin' to place my x with the fishes.

Doug.