In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm giving her all she has got Capt'n

tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
The remains of actor James Doohan, who played the starship Enterprise's chief engineer Scotty on "Star Trek," will be blasted into space next month, the company organizing the flight said on Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070330/en_nm/scotty_dc

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i was hoping this was a NSFW subject
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    i was hoping this was a NSFW subject

It could be but those are some pictures I don't want to see.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    James_Doohan_ScotchSHOP.jpg

At the outbreak of World War II, aged 19, he joined the Royal Canadian Artillery, and was eventually commissioned as a lieutenant. His first combat assignment was the invasion of Normandy at Juno Beach on D-Day. Shooting two snipers along the way, Doohan's unit made its way to higher ground and took defensive positions. At 11:30 that night, he was machine-gunned, taking six hits: four in his leg, one in the chest, and one through his middle right finger. The chest bullet was stopped by his silver cigarette case; he would later generally hide the amputated finger on screen. Despite his wounds, Doohan remained in the military, trained as a pilot for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and flew an artillery observation plane, though he was once labeled the "craziest pilot in the Canadian Air Forces".
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrseatle

James_Doohan_ScotchSHOP.jpg

At the outbreak of World War II, aged 19, he joined the Royal Canadian Artillery, and was eventually commissioned as a lieutenant. His first combat assignment was the invasion of Normandy at Juno Beach on D-Day. Shooting two snipers along the way, Doohan's unit made its way to higher ground and took defensive positions. At 11:30 that night, he was machine-gunned, taking six hits: four in his leg, one in the chest, and one through his middle right finger. The chest bullet was stopped by his silver cigarette case; he would later generally hide the amputated finger on screen. Despite his wounds, Doohan remained in the military, trained as a pilot for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and flew an artillery observation plane, though he was once labeled the "craziest pilot in the Canadian Air Forces".

I'm glad his wish for his ashes to spend eternity in space will be realized.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    A fitting tribute to a good man.

Doug