In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Genius Criminal

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,502 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Updated: 1:01 p.m. May 29, 2009
Alleged rapist posts bond, was client of Atlanta woman
Snellville man charged with rape in Tennessee

By MEGAN MATTEUCCI

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sevier County, Tenn. - An Atlanta business owner is back home recovering after being kidnapped, driven to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains and raped, Tennessee authorities said Friday.

The suspect, David Joseph Jansen of Snellville, was released from the Sevier County Jail late Thursday on an $800,000 bond, said sheriff's Capt. Jeff McCarter.

orignal_1107355_ZPGYE4P_Jansen.jpg
David J. Jansen

The 24-year-old woman told police she was jogging on Montgomery Ferry Road near the Morningside community around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday when Jansen, identified by authorities as someone who works in computers, pulled up in a Dodge Charger.

She didn't recognize Jansen at first, according to a Sheriff's Department report. But after a few minutes of talking, she recognized him as someone who has been client at the business she and her husband own, the report states. The report did not identify the business.

Jansen, 46, told the woman he had just purchased the new car and encouraged her to sit down in the passenger seat to check out the interior.

The woman agreed and was immediately restrained, deputies said.

Jansen bound the woman's hands and tied her to the car seat before driving her to Gatlinburg, Tenn. - about 240 miles north of Atlanta, the report states.

He took her to a rented cabin in the mountains, where he bound her again, cut her clothes off and raped her twice, police said.

"It's in the most isolated, desolate area of the county, way up in the mountains," McCarter said.

She remained in the cabin for several hours until a pizza deliveryman arrived to bring her abductor dinner, McCarter said.

As Jansen's back was turned, the woman showed the deliveryman her bound hands and silently mouthed for him to call 911, according to witness statements.

A deputy arrived shortly later and found the woman asleep on the couch, covered in a blanket.

"He [deputy] saw the female tied up, secured the scene and untied her," McCarter said. "He [the suspect] didn't resist or fight."

Jansen told deputies the two were on a "romantic getaway from their spouses" and the woman was sexually aroused by bondage, according to the report.

Deputies didn't buy this story, handcuffed Jansen and separated the couple. Once away from Jansen, the woman told police she had been kidnapped and raped, the report states.

"At this point we don't know what Mr. Jansen's intent was, but the pizza delivery man was instrumental in her safety," McCarter said.

The woman was treated at a local hospital for the sexual assault, along with minor cuts and scrapes.

Jansen was charged with aggravated rape and aggravated kidnapping.

Late Thursday, several Atlanta attorneys arrived at the Sevier County jail and paid Jansen's $800,000 bond, which required $80,000 in cash, McCarter said.

Jansen has no ties to Sevier County, McCarter said. Jail records show Jansen, who was born in Colorado, lives in Snellville with his wife Kristy and two children.

Deputies seized rope from the bed in the cabin and the Dodge Charger, along with bits of the victim's torn clothes and condoms, the report states.

Staff Reporter Mike Morris contributed to this report.

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    She set him up !!

Doug
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somethings fishy. What women do you know would get in a car with a casual acquantice especialy to look at the interior. I think she had regrets later on and changed her mind. [:(][:(]
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Death penalty in Tennessee?
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:I think she had regrets later on and changed her mind.

yeah, I bet she even tied herself up to make him look bad......
    you gotta be kidding!
    I hope the guy gets to be somebody's boy toy in prison! and I hope the dirt bag lawyers who posted his bail get to go with him.
    jmho[:(!]
  • riderrider Member Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    David Jansen.....They better watch him closely. Didn't he play "The Fugitive"?

rider
  • SwanKongSwanKong Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The pizza place must do one hell of a business delivering to such an isolated and desolate place, way up in the mountains.
  • thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are dozens and dozens of those rental cabins back in the mountains, so the pizza delivery is not uncommon.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    "Jansen, 46, told the woman he had just purchased the new car and encouraged her to sit down in the passenger seat to check out the interior.

The woman agreed" and was immediately restrained, deputies said.

Does anybody know of a woman that would do this? (Item in blue).

..didn't think so. Let's wait until the entire story is out. Joe
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He orders pizza delivered and he leaves her in sight of the delivery boy?
    He has 80K cash that quick to kick up for bail? he must have a nice nest egg. I wonder if she knows how much he has tucked away, I wonder what kind of "client" he was? something smells like she is looking for a payday....
    JMHO.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took this story at face value, when I posted it.
    But, y'all are bringing up some good points.

A femme who is out jogging is not likely to get into a car with a guy who is, pretty much, a stranger. "To check out the interior?" Sounds fishy.
    Also, he is going to leave a kidnap and rape victim tied up in sight of the pizza delivery guy?

Fishy.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    A femme who is out jogging is not likely to get into a car with a guy who is, pretty much, a stranger. "To check out the interior?" Sounds fishy.
    Also, he is going to leave a kidnap and rape victim tied up in sight of the pizza delivery guy?

Fishy.

+1
    It isn't impossible that she could have been raped, but from what info is presented, I don't belive her story.

Either she is looking for a payday, or she got buyer's remorse.
  • mechman460mechman460 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the pizza guy was jealous and just called the cops. When the cops showed up the woman lied. End of story.
  • Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe she ordered extra anchovies

Loverboy.jpg
  • SuwanneePirateSuwanneePirate Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she wanted a romantic get away they wouldn't of went that far and she would of taken a bag. Hes guilty - hang him up
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Something ain't right about the story. It sounds like it started as Jansen said and turned into something else. But the "looking for a payday" theory could be right.

If my wife was out jogging she wouldn't get into a car with me.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    She's from Atlanta and he's from Snellville and they both jut happened to travel to the same place at the same time in the Smoky Mountains. Then she's jogging and he just happens to be driving by. She stops to look at his car interior. Most people don't even like to talk while they are jogging.

He's either a stalker or something don't add up right. I figure he committed some sort of crime, but the article looks like he has some reasonable doubt.
    edited November -1
    To remain subjective, I think we need to see a photo of her too.
    edited November -1
    Yeah...nekkid.

Doug
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Yeah...nekkid.

Doug

[:D]
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the only line i can think of is from cheech and chong....hey lady, you order a pizza? well yes i did...here's your pizza and ZIPPPPPP here's your pepperoni!
    edited November -1
    Updated: 9:49 p.m. May 29, 2009
    Pizza man didn't believe kidnapping, rape victim at first

By MEGAN MATTEUCCI

Friday, May 29, 2009

Sevier County, Tenn. - A pizza deliveryman said he thought about his own wife's safety when he saw an Atlanta woman bound with rope and begging for help inside a secluded cabin.

On Friday, police called the deliveryman a hero for rescuing the 24-year-old after she was allegedly kidnapped from Atlanta, driven to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains and raped.

image_8580581.jpg
    Chris and Laniesha Turner

`I kept thinking it could have been her,' said Chris Turner, referring to his wife, Laniesha Turner. Chris Turner was instrumental in the arrest of a man accused of rape and kidnapping.

"I kept thinking it could have been her," deliveryman Chris Turner said as he looked at his wife. "She could have been another one for his sex party."

Police say David Joseph Jansen, of Snellville, abducted the woman as she was jogging in her subdivision on Montgomery Ferry Road in Atlanta around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Jansen was arrested on charges of aggravated rape and kidnapping after a tip from Turner. Jansen was released from the Sevier County (Tenn.) Jail late Thursday on an $800,000 bond, said Capt. Jeff McCarter of the Sevier County Sheriff's Department.

Jansen, 46, approached the woman and encouraged her to check out his new Dodge Charger.

The victim told police she didn't recognize Jansen at first. But after a few minutes of talking, she recognized him as someone who attended the nightclub she and her husband own, according to a Sevier County Sheriff's Department report.

Jansen encouraged her to sit in the passenger seat to check out the interior, she told investigators. The woman complied and was immediately restrained, deputies said.

Jansen bound the woman's hands and tied her to the car seat before driving her to Gatlinburg, Tenn., about 240 miles north of Atlanta, the report states.

He took her to a rented cabin in the mountains, where he bound her again, forced her to take some prescription pills, cut her clothes off and raped her twice, police said.

"It's in the most isolated, desolate area of the county, way up in the mountains," McCarter said.

The woman remained in the cabin for several hours until the deliveryman arrived to bring Jansen dinner - an extra large supreme pizza, ten hot wings and four 20 ounce-bottles of soda.

"He was signing the credit card slip when she popped up from the couch and showed me her tied hands and mouthed `call 911,'" said Turner, who has been delivering pizzas at Capelli's Pizza in Gaitlinburg for a month. "I said `Are you for real?' I didn't believe her."

The woman rolled her eyes and again silently pleaded for Turner to call police.

"My stomach was turning and I turned white as a ghost and left. I wanted to remain calm so he didn't know I suspected anything," Turner said Friday.

Turner then climbed into the delivery van, where his wife, Laniesha, was waiting. They drove to neighbor Bill Toomey's house, where they called police.

Toomey and Turner waited for about 20 minutes for deputies to arrive. Worried that Jansen would flee, Toomey blocked the cabin's driveway with his truck.

"I had a gun at my side in case," said Toomey, who owns Toomey's Country Market in Gatlinburg.

Deputies arrived shortly later and found the woman asleep on the couch, covered in a blanket.

"He saw the female tied up, secured the scene and untied her," McCarter said. Jansen told deputies the two were on a "romantic getaway from their spouses" and the woman was sexually aroused by bondage, according to the report.

Deputies didn't buy this story, handcuffed Jansen and separated the couple. Once away from Jansen, the woman told police she had been kidnapped and raped, the report states.

"At this point we don't know what Mr. Jansen's intent was, but the pizza delivery man was instrumental in her safety," McCarter said.

The woman was treated at a local hospital for the sexual assault, along with minor cuts and scrapes. She returned to Atlanta two days later, police said.

Jansen was charged with aggravated rape and aggravated kidnapping.

Late Thursday, several Atlanta attorneys arrived at the Sevier County jail and paid Jansen's $800,000 bond, which required $80,000 in cash, McCarter said.

Pam Hill, who owns Stony Brook Chalets, said Jansen called and reserved the cabin early Tuesday. He arrived around 5 p.m. and paid with a credit card.

"He seemed normal and nice as could be," said Hill, whose family owns 40 cabins in the Smoky Mountains.

The secluded cabin, which is about 15 miles outside Gatlinburg, is about two miles off the road, up a steep gravel driveway on the side of the mountain. A hot tub sits on the cabin's deck, overlooking the mountains.

Jansen has no ties to Sevier County, McCarter said. Jail records show Jansen, who was born in Colorado, lives in Snellville with his wife and two children.

Deputies seized rope from the bed in the cabin and Charger, along with bits of the victim's torn clothes and condoms, the report states.

Turner met the victim and her husband, who thanked him.

"I was doing my job and being a citizen," the 32-year-old deliveryman said. "Plus, I got $13 off the delivery. That's not bad for a half an hour."
    edited November -1
    Very interesting case.

"He said, she said."

I mean, a woman wouldn't cheat on her husband, get caught, and then, lie about it, would she?
    On the other hand, a man would kidnap and rape.
    But, he is going to leave his victim in plain sight of the pizza boy? Fishy.

I will update this case as the stories appear in the newspapers.
    edited November -1
    Ah Ha! I misunderstood the original story. I thought she was kidnapped in Tennessee, but she was kidnapped in Atlanta near her home. I think I might have misjudged the lady, but it still doesn't sound just right.
    edited November -1
    I gotta wonder, if it was rape, why would he use his credit card to pay for everything? and what kind of nightclub has "clients"
    Something don't add up....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have driven that route on 175 north to Gatlinberg serveral times. Thats 200 plus miles and no one noticed a tied up women in the front seat of the car?

Kidnapper lets a women be in plain view of the pizza guy?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She felt guilty that she went up north to bang the Smoky Mountain Bear and now needs a way out.

Throw her in jail for false informing.

Only a fool would buy this BS.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    What sort of rapist uses condoms?

Rape is about power, not sex.
    edited November -1
    Rape is about power, not sex.

You don't really believe that feminist bullcrap, do you?
    Saying rape is not about sex is like saying bank robbery is not about money.
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Use a condom in a rape case? Ever hear of DNA evidence?
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    After reading some of the responses here I can't help but feel ashamed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel

Your right we should wait for the nancy grace version...
    Don
    edited November -1

OK. If you say so Tod.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

OK. If you say so Tod.
    look, my opinion means poop to anyone else, but it is my opinion. Rape is a horrible crime. If the facts come out that she is lying then I am all for giving her the sentence he would have received had he been convicted, but to put the victim on trial until this is proven is kind of ridiculous. It still needs to be investigated, and if he is telling the truth I am sure there will be more than enough evidence to back his side.
    edited November -1

OK. If you say so Tod.
    look, my opinion means poop to anyone else, but it is my opinion. Rape is a horrible crime. If the facts come out that she is lying then I am all for giving her the sentence he would have received had he been convicted, but to put the victim on trial until this is proven is kind of ridiculous. It still needs to be investigated, and if he is telling the truth I am sure there will be more than enough evidence to back his side.

I don't think any poster here has insinuated that rape ISN'T horrible.

The "victim" should well be on trial. She had no obvious cuts, bruises, ect. that the deliveryman would see to make it obvious she was a victim of a kidnapping.
    She willingly jumps in a car, with a man she barely knows (or even knows at all). He is merely a "client", not a friend, partner, or big spender.
    He ties her up, and drives 200 miles with her in the front seat. 200 miles and no one notices her tied up? She makes no point to attract attention?
    He takes her to some cabin in the mountains, has sex with her twice. He wears condoms.
    Then they are hungry and he orders pizza and soda.

No mention of a weapon. No mention of her fighting back.

None of that sounds fishy to you? Are you one of those people that automatically belive the female, because she SAID so?
    edited November -1

OK. If you say so Tod.

The "victim" should well be on trial. She had no obvious cuts, bruises, ect. that the deliveryman would see to make it obvious she was a victim of a kidnapping.
    She willingly jumps in a car, with a man she barely knows (or even knows at all). He is merely a "client", not a friend, partner, or big spender.
    He ties her up, and drives 200 miles with her in the front seat. 200 miles and no one notices her tied up? She makes no point to attract attention?
    He takes her to some cabin in the mountains, has sex with her twice. He wears condoms.

None of that sounds fishy to you? Are you one of those people that automatically belive the female, because she SAID so?
    no, I am not a person who automatically believes a female when a rape charge is made. That being said the story that some have proposed here makes no sense either.
    a) the fact that she got caught, and was trying to wiggle out of her responsibility. Why would she purposely make herself seen to a stranger if this was the case.

b)payday. If a person is charged they will have to spend the majority of their money on defense, pretty much breaking the average person with a little money (obviously this guy was not totally loaded or he wouldnt have been driving a Dodge Charger.

c) A rape/evidence kit will prove or disprove a lot of what she is saying.

d)Some people in different areas are more trusting than others, and are just plain dimwitted. Lack of common sense does not make one a willing participant.

e) sometimes the mere threat of physical violence makes some people comply, look at the black panther thread.

f)He looks like a caveman, not something a woman who apparently cares about her own appearance (jogging) would be attracted to.

g)If a woman who wanted affair would probably find a way to make the time without drawing so much attention to herself.

I am just saying let the facts come out before you rain too much criticism on her, or not. I have no say in your opinions, or beliefs, it was just something I dont agree with.
    edited November -1

OK. If you say so Tod.

no, I am not a person who automatically believes a female when a rape charge is made. That being said the story that some have proposed here makes no sense either.
    a) the fact that she got caught, and was trying to wiggle out of her responsibility. Why would she purposely make herself seen to a stranger if this was the case. Like yoou said later in your post, some people are dumb. Perhaps it was a snap decision, or perhaps it was a planned opertunity.

b)payday. If a person is charged they will have to spend the majority of their money on defense, pretty much breaking the average person with a little money (obviously this guy was not totally loaded or he wouldnt have been driving a Dodge Charger.I know a "rich" fella. He has a gold Rolls Royce in his garage. He drives a low end BMW everyday. He dresses in clothes that are plain, not Armani suits. He has given MILLIONS in this community.
    What this guy drives is no indication of real wealth

c) A rape/evidence kit will prove or disprove a lot of what she is saying. only thing it will prove, is they had sex. It will not prove if that sex was rape.

d)Some people in different areas are more trusting than others, and are just plain dimwitted. Lack of common sense does not make one a willing participant. True. But I doubt if some hairy ape were trying to rape you, you would comply so meekly. But your right, she may just be plain stupid.

e) sometimes the mere threat of physical violence makes some people comply, look at the black panther thread. Well, she had enough guts to tip off the pizza guy. Where was her courage on the 200 mile road trip?

f)He looks like a caveman, not something a woman who apparently cares about her own appearance (jogging) would be attracted to.And some 18 year old hottie will do some 90 year old cogger. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe she likes em' hairy and gross.

g)If a woman who wanted affair would probably find a way to make the time without drawing so much attention to herself. unless it was her plan to be seen

I am just saying let the facts come out before you rain too much criticism on her, or not. I have no say in your opinions, or beliefs, it was just something I dont agree with.

Hey, I am all for being wrong in this case. I just think too many details are fishy. Too many things don't add up.
    edited November -1

OK. If you say so Tod.

a) the fact that she got caught, and was trying to wiggle out of her responsibility. Why would she purposely make herself seen to a stranger if this was the case. Like yoou said later in your post, some people are dumb. Perhaps it was a snap decision, or perhaps it was a planned opertunity.

b)payday. If a person is charged they will have to spend the majority of their money on defense, pretty much breaking the average person with a little money (obviously this guy was not totally loaded or he wouldnt have been driving a Dodge Charger.I know a "rich" fella. He has a gold Rolls Royce in his garage. He drives a low end BMW everyday. He dresses in clothes that are plain, not Armani suits. He has given MILLIONS in this community.
    What this guy drives is no indication of real wealth

c) A rape/evidence kit will prove or disprove a lot of what she is saying. only thing it will prove, is they had sex. It will not prove if that sex was rape.

d)Some people in different areas are more trusting than others, and are just plain dimwitted. Lack of common sense does not make one a willing participant. True. But I doubt if some hairy ape were trying to rape you, you would comply so meekly. But your right, she may just be plain stupid.

e) sometimes the mere threat of physical violence makes some people comply, look at the black panther thread. Well, she had enough guts to tip off the pizza guy. Where was her courage on the 200 mile road trip?

f)He looks like a caveman, not something a woman who apparently cares about her own appearance (jogging) would be attracted to.And some 18 year old hottie will do some 90 year old cogger. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe she likes em' hairy and gross.

g)If a woman who wanted affair would probably find a way to make the time without drawing so much attention to herself. unless it was her plan to be seen

Hey, I am all for being wrong in this case. I just think too many details are fishy. Too many things don't add up.
    we could debate back and forth all night, but I prefer not to fight with my brothers. Here is to the facts being the facts and justice prevailing on whatever side it should.
    edited November -1
    That's all good, Mike.

But why a ((an)almost)) year old thread ??

Are you involved, somehow ??

Doug
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I don't think that ordering a pizza would be high on my 'to-do' list if I was entertaining one of those 'would you tie me up' ladies. Never was before anyways. Committing rape and then ordering a pizza is just plain stupid.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like a paul harvey...NOW the REST of the story
    edited November -1
    Yup.

I'd like to see a follow up.

What happened to those involved ??

Hubby shot rapist ??

Rapee divorced hubby and married rapist.

Rapist in the clink ??

What ??

Doug