In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

priced a ....

cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
edited September 2007 in General Discussion
a building for a shop 60x120 with 18 ft walls no insulation, no concrete, two 30 ft sliding doors, one walk in door.....64,000......what pisses me off is that i sold all my wheat to damn soon.....just what i could have gotten for it now i could have paid cash for it[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Ever thpought of a hoop building? Much cheaper if you won't be heating it.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    cowdoc..what did wheat bring a bushel up there this year
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,408 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Nice building cowdoc! One can never have to big of shop.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i had a 4.05 contract that was rolled fromlast year a 5.47 for harvest delivery a 4.50 contract i sold while planting last fall for Oct delivery and sold the rest for little over 6.00..... can bet a Sept BC 8.18....now on the amount of bushels of wheat i produced just makes me sick how much more i could have made oh well by far the best year i ever had in my life.......did sell an 08 new crop to soon also[V]....and we are in need of rain bad here....my wheat in millet stubble won't come up till we get a good rain[:(!]
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    man o man what a gamble game anymore. i wish you well
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you Tomahawk!.....gotta love it to do it i guess
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cowdoc
    a building for a shop 60x120 with 18 ft walls no insulation, no concrete, two 30 ft sliding doors, one walk in door.....64,000......what pisses me off is that i sold all my wheat to damn soon.....just what i could have gotten for it now i could have paid cash for it[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

The storage charges would've probaly ate up the money. Unless, you have your own bins. Then, you might have come out up some money.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aspen,i have storage but not near enough.....they charge $.03/month/bushel at the elevators......still would have come out very good.....but who would have guessed....i have produced grain for a long time and have never seen this happen before.....normally gets high for a day or so then bottom falls out of it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    freemind....dont think they would stand up to the wind we have....its blown 20-40mph for three weeks here now day and night.....would be good for machinery storage though
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cowdoc
    Aspen,i have storage but not near enough.....they charge $.03/month/bushel at the elevators......still would have come out very good.....but who would have guessed....i have produced grain for a long time and have never seen this happen before.....normally gets high for a day or so then bottom falls out of it.

I think it's a tad higher here. I'm not 100% though. If you do buy a building, get the Morton and put a cement floor in it. Yes, it cost more, but it makes working on equipment so much easier. Plus, stuff stays cleaner.