In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Springfield Armory M6 Scout which .22?

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I'm looking in to getting one of these but I'm not 100% on which caliber. .22LR is always easy to find and pretty good. Now I do have a 10/22 so a different .22 might be fun (not to say I'm against getting it in .22LR). Beside the M-6 won't be a hard used long session shooter. So .22 Magnum or .22 Hornet. Now help me out[:D].

Is the Magnum plenty and Hornet too much, for the rifle's capability? Or .22LR just right?

And anything else I should know about them.

Comments

• NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I have a .22 one and it is just fine but I guess it depends on what you are doing with it.

Here is a cool site with some good info on them, http://www.oldjimbo.com/survival/v-shrake/m6.html
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been to that site.

I was basically seeing which caliber would get the most punch without doing damage to the rifle.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    I, too, have one in .22LR...no complaints as a "survival gun." It hasn't saved my life--YET!--but the availability of .22LR ammo is a HUGE plus and may be HUGER as days go by with the current insanistration in place. The .410 will take what the .22 won't, in a pinch. I chose against the other options mainly based on the availability issue. That site Nwcid mentioned has been bookmarked on my computer since I got my M6 several years ago--lots of good info there.