In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Trilogy of Terror" circa around 1973

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
In commemorance of the season, I was remembering the movie "Trilogy of Terror." I don't remember too much about the previous two in the trilogy, but the last episode featured Karen Black as the recipient of a Zuni fetish doll, who chased her around her apartment.
Sunday night movie of the night, if I recall.

Scared the crap out of me.

Comments

• Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched that movie when I was like 6, and that friggin' doll scared the !@#$ out of me!! I watched it again when I was 15 during summer vacation with a couple friends, and we laughed our butts off, it was sooooooo cheesy, but.......... when I went to go to bed that night, all alone, every time I closed my eyes I could see that thing chasing her all over the apartment and I was totally freaked again! I ended up staying up until dawns early light and THEN went to sleep [:o)]
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can still recall an unkept Karen Black squatting in a corner with a large kitchen knife held between her legs ...

[:0]
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She was sitting there with the knife because her mother was on her way over. That is a great movie.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    It scared the poop outa me too because i was about 8 or nine when i saw it.

Now it is funny such sillyness ever scared me.LOL

The best part was when she tried to stuff him in the garbage disposal.
    And the part where it ran under the couch and she tried reaching around under there to find it and it was stabing her hand with its spear.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    It scared the poop outa me too because i was about 8 or nine when i saw it.

Now it is funny such sillyness ever scared me.LOL

The best part was when she tried to stuff him in the garbage disposal.
    And the part where it ran under the couch and she tried reaching around under there to find it and it was stabing her hand with its spear.[:D]

I don't remeber the garbage disposal! I remember her trying to drown the little bastage in the bathtub, and trying to cook him in the oven.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    yep, I think I was in the 4th grade when I saw it, scared the hell out of me, kept looking behind my back for a month.

u know it's a classic when they're making dolls for such a weirdo movie 30 years later.

Zuni_Warrior.jpg

the other one was about some kind of killer dwarfs chasing the chick around until she figured out the flash of her camera scared them off or melted them or something. I think she ran out of flash cartridges and then... muhahahaha [}:)]

can't remember the first one.

No way! I think I found my big sister's Christmas present! Thanks![;)][:D]
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Damn, still gave me a chill!
  • Options
    misstmisst Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had nigthmares for a long time. For some reason, although I was raised a horror movie fan, this one scared the hell out of me. Would love to see it again. Wonder if it's on dvd?
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by misst
    Had nigthmares for a long time. For some reason, although I was raised a horror movie fan, this one scared the hell out of me. Would love to see it again. Wonder if it's on dvd?
    Let me know if you find it.
  • Options
    misstmisst Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bingo. Amazon. $7.99. Gonna order me one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady

No way! I think I found my big sister's Christmas present! Thanks![;)][:D]doooon't take the belt off [:0]

Well, that goes without saying....
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    You guys can watch it on youtube in a multi part
    Part 1 is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxq_E-N72A