In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cop pulled me over last night

MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I'm not sure if he was fishing for drunk drivers or what but he comes up to my window and askes me if I know why he pulled me over. I told him no.
he tells me I made an illegal lane change for not useing my turn signal and was speeding. I maybe didn't use the turn signal but I know for a fact I wasn't speeding. The speed limit is 45 and I was at about 42 43 but didn't feel like argueing so I just told him what my speedodometer was reading.
He just looked at my drivers license and insurance and told me to slow down and let me go.
That is the first time I have been pulled over for no reason and am sure they were looking for drunks.

Comments

• PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think he was fishing, happened to me about a year ago. It's a time of day thing I think, because it was shortly after bar close.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe he let you go because of that little halter top and cut off jeans you were wearing. [:D]
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Deputy did that to me a couple of months ago, 3 blocks from home - 0230.

It was a dark street, and she seemed to be afraid of me.

No violation. No tickee.

Doug
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't really be upset if I were pulled over and let go.....I WANT them to do all they can to catch drunks and get them off the road. If I got pulled over every time I left my house, but knew that all the drunk drivers were getting the same treatment I think I could live with that.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You look suspicious..
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife's step grandfather found an 83 Bonneville with 13,000 miles on it. My wife needed a car to drive for the summer about 5 years ago or so and went to pick her brother up from work and drop him off at home at about 2 in the morning. She got pulled over for not doing anything, fishing for drunks.
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Deputy did that to me a couple of months ago, 3 blocks from home - 0230.

It was a dark street, and she seemed to be afraid of me.

No violation. No tickee.

Doug

Thats cause you are a SCARY OLE' FART [:D][:D]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    i get pulled over all the time when i'm workin in the hood in the city...they think i'm lost[:D][:D]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    I'm not sure if he was fishing for drunk drivers or what but he comes up to my window and askes me if I know why he pulled me over. I told him no.
    he tells me I made an illegal lane change for not useing my turn signal and was speeding. I maybe didn't use the turn signal but I know for a fact I wasn't speeding. The speed limit is 45 and I was at about 42 43 but didn't feel like argueing so I just told him what my speedodometer was reading.
    He just looked at my drivers license and insurance and told me to slow down and let me go.
    That is the first time I have been pulled over for no reason and am sure they were looking for drunks.

Maybe it was the "Vote Libertarian" sticker. You are a terrorist you know.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Fine line between scared and cautious Doug. Some people probably thought I was scared at times, too because I was/am so cautious. Plus, and I know I'll probably catch some flak over this, but it was a female officer.

I have seen very few female officers that are as handy in a situation as a male officer. Most of the time if it's a dumb male officer you can get away with telling him to shut up until you need him. It's very hard to get away with that with a female. They think they can do anything a man can do.

I know females have a place in LE, but in my personal opinion, it ain't in front line duty. Every time one stops a car you sent a backup unit whereas sometimes you wouldn't with a male officer.

Okay, let the flogging begin.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    I would have got out and kicked his *![;)][:D]
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only time I have been pulled over by a female was one that was on seatbelt patrol. She even apologised for writing me a ticket and said she sometimes doesn't even wear hers. Really pretty and nice except for the ticket part.
    edited November -1
    Oh...I meant to tell you that I got out and kicked HER *.

Doug
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I wouldn't really be upset if I were pulled over and let go.....I WANT them to do all they can to catch drunks and get them off the road. If I got pulled over every time I left my house, but knew that all the drunk drivers were getting the same treatment I think I could live with that.

Don't believe in the Fourth Amendment, do you?
    Why not cut out the Second Amendment too so we can get illegal guns off the streets?
    You are willing to give up rights of all for the sake of a few.
    You are right in line with Barack Obama with his "Common Sense" laws!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Doug

In bed?
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is ALWAYS a reason to pull you over. Always. No cop ever did it for no reason, even if the reason was he wanted a better look at your car because he might want to buy it (has happened to me). Never think there's no reason, your attitude should not start off in the confrontative mindset during a traffic stop
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    A copcar came up behind me sometime - and I was pulled over.

He also asked if I knew why he had pulled me over.

I casually pointed to the rearseat with the shotgun and ammo and said "Depends on how long you were following me!"

He nearly made a complete backflip from astanding start.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Not me...I value my rights...a cop should have cause when pulling someone over.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Doug

...sure you spelled that right?
    edited November -1
    I think if a Policeman has probable cause to pull you over, he also has probable cause to believe that you are a fleeing kidnapper/murderer, and should shoot you at once.

Doug
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I think if a Policeman has probable cause to pull you over, he also has probable cause to believe that you are a fleeing kidnapper/murderer, and should shoot you at once.

Doug

Exactly - but you know he wont.

He has to fill out a ton of paperwork every time he discharges his weapon.
  • VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
    edited November -1
    Maybe you need to take driving lessons[:0][}:)]
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1000...........the "it's for the children" crap (and that is what that is, basically) has SCREWED US so many times it isn't even funny.......

Merc

quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner

Don't believe in the Fourth Amendment, do you?
    Why not cut out the Second Amendment too so we can get illegal guns off the streets?
    You are willing to give up rights of all for the sake of a few.
    You are right in line with Barack Obama with his "Common Sense" laws!
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by VinhlongVet71
    Maybe you need to take driving lessons[:0][}:)]

Hey if my driving offends you stay off the sidewalk[:o)]