In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Barska 10-40X50 swat scope

hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
how would you rate this scope. I dont want to here from the ( have to have night force groupe here. if i could afford it i would have one. unless you plan of sending me one.) I have a buddy that has this scope of his 50 bmg. I'm thinking its just a flouc that its held up this long but his still holds a sub moa at 2oo yard so it should hold up to a 300 win mag. I guess what i'm asking is does anyone else have this scope on something this powerfull. With being laid off i cant afford anything better this this right now for my rem 700 with knoxx recoil reduction stock. I currently have a simmons 6-24-40 on it now but want something with more power for longer range target practice.

Comments

• cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't need more power, you need clearer glass. You only get clearer glass by paying more money. Sorry that's as far as I know. Others will give you more detail. 24x magnification should be enough to reach as far as a .300 WM will go.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I am no fan of Barska.

I am not one to buy those high dollar scopes either.

Take it for what you paid for it, but my advice would be to pass on anything Barska.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wont bash Barska because they are what they are and people buy them knowing this.
    I have a couple of the Barska 10-40 SWAT scopes and I just use them for plinking, target, and pdogs. They work ok for the money but once you approach the higher magnifcations, the sight picture gets to dark for my liking. And this is in the middle of a sunny day. Get closer to dusk or dawn and forget it.
    One neat thing about 40power scopes is that when you are shooting at 100yard targets, the one inch squares are one inch in your scope. Easy to see your last hole.