In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

there must be a trick

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I tell ya when you have full magazines, an automatic is alot quicker to reload but when all your mags are empty they take alot longer to get more rounds down range. I grew up shooting revolvers and even without a speed loader I can get the gun loaded and firing again in about 10 seconds. with a magazine to load it takes me 30 seconds, enought time to have a bad guy walk up and shoot me. whats the trick to loading them quicker? I saw something in a movie where it looked like they had the spring compressed and were just dropping the rounds into the mag....is there such a thing?

Comments

• Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    Just load 6 rounds!

Or, put one in the chamber to train on the bad guy while your loading the mag...
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need to get one of those mags they have in hollywood where you never have to reload...I heard you can get one but you have to take the transmission that shifts up every 7 seconds BUuuuuuUUUMMMM buuuuummmm bbbuuuuuuUUUM buuuuUUUMMMMMM buuuUUUMMM buuuUUUMMMM buuuUMMMMMbuuUUMMM buuuuUUMMMM buuUUMMMM SCREEEEECCCCHHH buuuuUUUMMMM
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Something called Stripper clips. But if you use them wrong you will have a real Bloody set of paws.

From e-bay.

clips hold 10 rounds each. That little piece on top connects to your mag. Forgot thats for AR mags. 5.56

77df_1.JPG
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Get yourself an Uplula
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    Something called Stripper clips. But if you use them wrong you will have a real Bloody set of paws.

From e-bay.

clips hold 10 rounds each. That little piece on top connects to your mag. Forgot thats for AR mags. 5.56

77df_1.JPG

I have them for my ar---don't use them for plinking, do they make them for pistols and what is a uplula
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    buy more mags

+1, also buy a speed loader for mags. like the bottom two on this link

http://www.safarilandstore.com/index1.html
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457

From e-bay.

77df_1.JPG

I have them for my ar---don't use them for plinking, do they make them for pistols and what is a uplula

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos_7e-c4t0