In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I was wondering....

tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
I want to slug the bores on a couple of my rifles (mostly my 7.62's) and wanted to know: can I use 000 buckshot for this? They're the same diameter, right???

Short of that, does anyone have a few lead .30 Cal bullets laying around on their re-loading bench???? I can't find any of the ones I thought I used to have, and don't really want to buy a hundred of 'em. (Funny how things go "Bye-bye" when the wife gets near anything I used to own.....)

Let me know, I'll gladly send along some postage if I can't go with the 000 thing.

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't had a TV hooked up for two years... not even local...
    Oh I watch an occasional dvd... My ex says that there is something wrong with me...
    is there anyone out there that don't care for tv besides me or should I take her advice and get my head examined???
  • Options
    newtgingrichnewtgingrich Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it isnt "tv" , its what you watch on tv that matters.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't watch anywhere near what I used to....I can go weeks without seeing a show. I do have a couple I like to watch...Medium, My Name is Earl, and some that I lost the story line to and just aren't into the shows any longer.

I have so much going on all of the time....I just don't have the time to deal with the "whatever is on" kind of shows. If I am going to watch something...it will usually be a movie that I really want to make time to sit through.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    cmd66cmd66 Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think there's anything wrong with you not watching TV. To each there own. I personally enjoy certain show's on TV myself. You'd figure that she would appreciate you not watching alot of TV. Ya know, more quality time with her. Women, go figure. You do what make's you happy bro, screw what everybody else think's.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You are probably better off for it...
  • Options
    jc_crazyhorsejc_crazyhorse Member Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About the only thing ( to me anyway ) worth watching is the History Channel, Discovery, and the Military channel. Your probably not missing out.
  • Options
    Reddot47Reddot47 Member Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got rid of mine a couple of years ago and have not missed it one bit.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Courageous move, to quit watching the tube.

Congratulations, and pay no attention to your detracters.

Doug
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Watch Dr. Phil or Oprah. They cover abnormal and anti-social behavior all the time.[;)]
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tobefree
    Oh I watch an occasional dvd... My ex says that there is something wrong with me...
    is there anyone out there that don't care for tv besides me or should I take her advice and get my head examined???

I haven't had a TV for 20 years and I used to feel self-righteous about it but I don't anymore. When I visit people with TVs I watch them--and usually find that it's harder to look away from the ads than from the programming. But I enjoy the shows I watch when I'm on vacation and visiting folks with TVs.

It's not that I don't like TV. I just don't like it enough to spend a couple hundred bucks on a TV. And where I live right now, I'd have to spend another $40 a month to get any channels at all, because around here, without cable you get one channel, poorly.

I watch a lot of DVD's. I get my share of passive entertainment through DVD's, YouTube, and the Web in general.

I say you don't need your head examined. Why should watching TV be an indicator of your head health? Nah. Do what you're doing. Chances are you either don't need passive entertainment, or else you're getting it just fine from some other source (gunbroker?[:0][:0][:0]).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spurgemastur

I haven't had a TV for 20 years and I used to feel self-righteous about it but I don't anymore. When I visit people with TVs I watch them--and usually find that it's harder to look away from the ads than from the programming. But I enjoy the shows I watch when I'm on vacation and visiting folks with TVs.

It's not that I don't like TV. I just don't like it enough to spend a couple hundred bucks on a TV. And where I live right now, I'd have to spend another $40 a month to get any channels at all, because around here, without cable you get one channel, poorly.

I watch a lot of DVD's. I get my share of passive entertainment through DVD's, YouTube, and the Web in general.

I say you don't need your head examined. Why should watching TV be an indicator of your head health? Nah. Do what you're doing. Chances are you either don't need passive entertainment, or else you're getting it just fine from some other source (gunbroker?[:0][:0][:0]).

GB is very entertaining, isn't it???
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GB is very entertaining, isn't it???

It has its moments. Don
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never purchased a television. I have a small color tv that was given to me. I will not pay for programming.

I watch NBC's Saturday Night Live when I happen to be up that late. I like The Simpsons and the other Sunday evening Fox animated shows. I never make it a special point to watch any of it though.

Last year I had a 9:00 class on Tuesday so I had to stay up late enough to sleep in until 7:00. I started watching Prison Break, 24, and Medium on Monday nights. I was still hooked on Prison Break until they announced this week there's going to be another season. I may not bother to watch next year. They should have gotten the story wrapped up this season.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    NFL Channel.

Football 24/7.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I mostly read. We have a TV but the only thing that we use it for now is to watch hockey (Center Ice), NASCAR, and the occasional Discovery Channel program.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So-- you guys that don't watch TV - what do you do with all that time alone? Hmmm?
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mbsams
    So-- you guys that don't watch TV - what do you do with all that time alone? Hmmm?

surf

surf various things. internet notwithstanding.
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    There is a big plasma TV hanging on the wall in our home theater downstairs but I don't have much interest in TV beyond watching Formula 1 or football (soccer) on the Spanish language stations and my oldest girl and I would often watch shows like Extreme Engineering or How it's Made together. Neither of my girls ever had a TV in their rooms but Mrs K does have one in her's. I don't have a TV here in my office or in my room but I do have one out in my workshop (I think it still works).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mbsams

Training with Jethro Bodine to be a "Double Naught Spy"
    Soon we'll have our license to kill!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I used to watch it!!!!
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wondering hurts.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I don't watch tv.
    Life is to short to potato away in front of a tv and a tv would cut into my GB forums time.
    I have to keep my priorities in line.