In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cat-Mechanic....

phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
about that AR-15, I didn't get it and I told him I knew someone who might be interested. Its an American Spirit Arms, 20" barrel, he says it has a flash supressor but it looks alot like a muzzle brake to me, it is in Excellant condition: $750, i fyou want his # email me and I'll pass it on.

Desert Eagle .50AE
Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
Cav Arms CAV-15 MKII(AR-15)
Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
Mosin-Nagant M38
Collection2.JPG
banner-big.jpg

Comments

• kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Avoid the ASA guns, their quality control sucks[:D]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis, Did you get your 50?[:D]

King Joey, Do they really suck? I just looked at their website and saw they were right here in Scottsdale. Have you had a bad experience with them?

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    They're a mixed bag. A lot of the ones I've come across were pretty sloppy. I was sitting around at the gun shop awhile back and the smith brought out a new ASA AR15 that wouldn't go into battery well without using the forward-assist and wouldn't cycle well. Once he pulled the gas block off it was pretty obvious what the problem was, the barrel was turned in a few degrees too far. This was causing the headspace to be way too tight and the bore in the gas block and the gasport in the barrel were FAR from lining up. I'm surprised it didn't break the gas block because of the obstruction. I've only seen one that I would have been willing to buy for myself.[B)]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes it did get the 50 [:D][:D]
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=94138

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Cav Arms CAV-15 MKII(AR-15)
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    Collection2.JPG
    banner-big.jpg
  • cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for getting the info Travis. I will probably hold off for now. soon enough I will own one though.[:D]

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *