In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone buy from AIM Surplus ?

tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ordered a bunch of assorted ammo from them with a C&R on file. 5 days later, I got an email that said they can only ship to a class 01 FFL...What's that about ??? It took 5 days to get to my order and deny it ? SOG and J&G will get my business...

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've done lots of business with AIM and have always been pleased. I've never ordered any ammunition from them, but I have a TYPE 01 FFL so I suppose I can if I desire. By the way, Class 1 is a Special Occupational Taxpayer for the importation of National Firearms Act weapons which works in conjuction with a Type 08 FFL.

Mark T. Christian
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark, if you think they're okay, I'll give them another shot...They DID say that they hope to have the situation rectified in March...Though I can't imagine what the "situation" is....Not another Inter-Ordnance, I hope...[V]

• cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very odd. What alll did you order? any guns? especially hndguns cuz if you live in some states C&R or not they wont send a handgun.
    But just ammo?
    I hope not as I am looking foward to that case of plastic tipped 7.62x54r.
    i guess we'll see.
    C-

edited November -1
    No problems here. Doesn't make sense to me

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I have made several gun purchases from them and they have come across as an EXCELLENT company. Whatever the problem is, try to work with them.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just 7.62X25 and 7.5 Swiss.... Nothing weird and no guns...And why so long to decide they can't fill the order..?? I know from friends that they are a reputable company....soooo, I just don't know...