In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Illinois Folks ??

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
http://www.firearmnews.com/page2.asp?id=5430

Posted 2/25/2004 from The Southern Illinoisan
"State Rep. John Bradley, D-Marion, is looking at gun control issues with a common-sense approach.

A bill he is co-sponsoring in the Illinois House calls for protection from prosecution for any homeowner who uses a firearm in an act of self-defense or defense of another, whether or not the municipality where the homeowner lives allows or restricts private ownership of firearms.

Bradley told a meeting of his Second Amendment advisory committee and the public Monday night about a case in upstate Wilmette that reflects the importance of his bill. The village of Wilmette is prosecuting a homeowner who shot a burglar as the intruder tried to enter his house -- for the second time in 24 hours. Bradley's bill would protect the homeowner from prosecution.
'This is about common sense. This isn't about anything other than letting people defend their homes and their families,' Bradley said.

Gary Vandermyde, a lobbyist for the National Rifle Association, told the committee that Bradley's bill has caused quite a stir in Springfield among the anti-gun lobby.

'You wouldn't believe how apoplectic these people are about the fact of simply allowing someone to defend themselves in their own homes with a firearm,' Vandermyde said. 'You would almost wager that they would much rather see a homeowner dying and bleeding waiting for a 911 response than standing there with a smoking gun in his hand.'

State Sen. Gary Forby, D-Benton, also attended Monday's meeting. A longtime supporter of firearm rights, Forby said gun control is often a divisive issue between Downstate and Chicago-area residents."

You can read the complete story at:
http://www.thesouthern.com/rednews/2004/02/24/build/local/LOC002.html

Comments

• Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he's one of the good guys but with the trend what it is in springfield it may never pass. I hope the dummies see that it is just common since to want to protect your own.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Until the idiots in Chicago stop re-electing Little Dickie Dailey, nothing but bad will come out of Springfield for gun owners. One of his lackeys, Lisa Madigan, daughter of one of the more corrupt of the Dailey dems, recently began enforcing a strict interpretation of the F.O.I.D. law dealing with ammunition purchases. Used to be able to send a photocopy to places that sold ammunition over the web or through magazine ads and get delivery at home. No more. Must present the F.O.I.D. card IN PERSON. Dailey and his crew make me wish that retroactive abortion was a possibility instead of a dream.
  • Options
    BabalooieBabalooie Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about the bozo they elected for governor? Isn't he Daley's illegitimate nephew?
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bloggo ain't gonna let that get far....He listens to Dailey and vice-versa...We must do all we can to bring change, but I still think that my only hope is to relocate from my home state of 48 yrs.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.