In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kansas City Gun Show Alert!

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ok, here's the deal: ... for ANYONE in the Kansas City area ... or will be in the KC area and interested in meeting some fellow GB members ...

The Place: Blue Ridge Mall in KC.

The Day: Sunday, February 29th 2004

The Time: 9am

If anyone wants to get coffee or breakfast before hitting the show, I'm sure there's someplace open somewhere we can meet.

I've heard this is a good show - but I've never been to it ... anyone that lives in the area, or has been there before and has a suggestions as to where to meet please post or email me at kimberkid@cox.net ... we've got 6 days to work out the details ... no excuses!

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in. I only live about 10 mins from the mall. Just a thought, there is a Cracker Barrel just down the road (next exit off I-70 I think). Also, the mall and it's parking situation is a little bit confusing - the gun show can only be entered from the outside of the mall, so the best place to meet would be the main outside entrance.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    I say we hook up early for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. Scott is buying!![:D]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
    edited November -1
    The Blue Ridge mall is just off I-70 at the Blue Ridge Blvd/US Hwy 4O exit. The Cracker Barrel is the next exit east off I-70 at the Lees Summit Rd exit. You can see it from the interstate.

Any thoughts as to what time you all would want to meet at Cracker Barrel? Say 7 or 7:30 (earlier, later?) for breakfast, should give us time to get to the gunshow by 9 for those that want to meet there?

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was there a couple of years ago and the show at that time was in the old Sears one the NW side of the mall. Enterable from the west side and from the main mall its self. That show was small and over priced, hope this one is much better. Wish I could come, but I have to work the show here that morning. Enjoy breakfast!

He Dog
    edited November -1
    He Dog - it'* or miss as to how big the show is. They have one every few months there at that location, sometimes it's pretty good, sometimes not so much. It's never huge - I'd say an average was maybe 150-200 tables with 75 or so sellers? There is usually some interesting off-the-wall stuff there though. And you did used to be able to enter from inside the mall, but last time I went, they had it blocked off, and you could only enter from outside.

• jnmiller75jnmiller75 Member Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, just curious.

Is it on the Kansas side or Missouri side? Thanks.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Onthe Missouri side, right where I-70 passes over Highway 40 in Indpendence, MO

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    Coming Foxy?

JC

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do they still have the Lehigh Valley Gun Colletors show in KC? Came up to that one a few years ago and it was a really large and good show. I got broke that weekend!

He Dog
    edited November -1
    interstatepawnllc: I dunno. Easy to say yes, hard to get the energy to actually be there. But maybe I could scalp some dealer on a good SAR-1 (he he, joking, no offense intended)

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be there Saturday. I plan to wear my black SigArms Academy polo shirt. Sometimes is a good show. You never know. Can't miss it off highway 70. Its in the old Montgomery Wards building. They usually charge $6 bucks to get in though...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    interstatepawnllc: I dunno. Easy to say yes, hard to get the energy to actually be there. But maybe I could scalp some dealer on a good SAR-1 (he he, joking, no offense intended)

I double dog dare ya ta come. Some members actually wonder if you really exist. Come on!!

JC

edited November -1
    Dang! I hate to pass up dares! I'll give it some thought. Hey, interstatepawn, I tried to send you some business on another topic post.

edited November -1
    Hey Foxman, I have a SAR-1 @ $309.00 that sez you will hook up with us next Sunday. The bazzturds at the gun show won't even sell to you at that price.[:D]

JC

edited November -1
    interstatepawnllc: You definately have got my attention. I don't own a AK type yet but recently I have bought some other guns. Let me see if I can sneak some money out of the piggy bank without the wife catching me.

• HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm planning on making the gun show for sure. Probably will make breakfast also. See ya'all there!
    edited November -1
    TR, ya only get that price if ya hook up with us at the show, yeah, it's a bribe. Tony, get the adress of the Cracker Barrel and lets all meet there at 7:45 AM. Rokie Dokie?

JC

• Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I will be heading out one of the days in the early afternoon. Hopefully it will beter than the one earler this month.

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm coming, I'm coming....interstatepawn is going to haul me down there and buy my breakfast and a snack and maybe dinner on the way home.[^][^]

I can't remember whether he offered to pay my way in?[:(]

Maybe it's that crjs.[:I]

Hey JC, if I find a toy, can you front me some cash?

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
    edited November -1
    Scott, you will be lucky if I don't make ya cough up some cash for gas.[;)]

JC

edited November -1
    Fellas, I just re-read the beginning post realized that everyone is planning on meeting Sunday. I was thinking this whole time it was Saturday. My stupid mistake, but I will be out of town on Sunday, so I'm going to have to cancel.

I was looking forward to meeting some of you fellas, but I'll have to wait till next time. Sorry to bail at the last minute - this is dissapointing. Eat some extra cheesy potato stuff at CB for me...man I love that stuff.

edited November -1
    That's not good but suppose it will have to be. See ya next time Sky dude. Hey Kimber call me, 785 838 4100 betwwen 10-4 tommorrow. TR, coming??

JC

• kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wundudnee
    I'm coming, I'm coming....interstatepawn is going to haul me down there and buy my breakfast and a snack and maybe dinner on the way home.[^][^]

I can't remember whether he offered to pay my way in?[:(]

Maybe it's that crjs.[:I]

Hey JC, if I find a toy, can you front me some cash? Hummm is you guys married or something? lool.gif

Topeka.gif
    edited November -1
    Looks like the fox will elude us again. Perhaps the othes are correct, perhaps the fox does not exist.Hmmmmmmmmmm. Kimber, Scott ain't my type, too tall.[:D]

JC

edited November -1
    SkyWatcher - Sorry we're going to miss ya!

I'd come down but hopefully I'm going to have some customers to take care of on Saturday ... I know JC will have to keep the store open ... and Scott, well he doesn't have an excuse ...

Topeka.gif
    edited November -1
    How did it go?

edited November -1
    It was ok ... I didn't find any "steals"

Was looking for some of the Romanian AK mags or the Polish synthetic ... didn't see either ... wanted to pick up a case or so of FMJ 7.62X39 ... I bought 1500 rounds of Wolf HP's a while back, they work ok in my AK's but they don't feed well in my SW-32 [:(!]

On the up side, there was a friendly Class III dealer that has rentals in Fayette, Mo ... he had a couple M-16's an MP5 and 2 P90's [:D] that he let me pick up ... it felt GOOD!

High point of the day was breakfast at cracker barrel with wundudnee, interstatepawnllc and HUNT WALKERS

Topeka.gif
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun show was so-so. Had breakfast with interstatepawn, wundudnee, and kimber kid. All three are good people, looking forward to the next show. Hopefully they will find time in the fall for a trip north to hunt some ditch chickens.