In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dumb question for the ladies

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ok, wifey goes Walmartin with a friend of hers and the kids, leave me home alone, no big deal. So my tummy starts to remind me that it hasnt had any food since around 8AM, what to do? I find the kitchen (I knew we had one just wasnt sure where) and all of the neat things in there, would you believe there is a big white machine that is cold inside?!?![:D] Ok ok, here is the problem, what to eat. After diging thru the fridge I decide on hotdogs with some Kraft mac and cheese, away we go, fire up that stove! I get out a skillet, cut off a big chunk of butter and prceed to melt it in the skillet after which I place in two hotdogs. Mac and cheese almost done, I check the dogs and they don't look like hotdogs anymore! They are all black and shriveled up! I had the burner on med low and rocked the skillet every so often to roll the dogs around and they burnt! Ohh well, still hungry and I hate to waste food, I place them on buns and sit down for my feast, the hotdogs are cold in the middle[:(!][:(!][:(!] What did I do wrong????????????????????????

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let her go off without cooking.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im not a lady, but I do cook alot, (Im single). You dont need butter to cook hotdogs. You probably burned the butter before the hotdogs were partially cooked. Easiest way to cook hot dogs is to boil them. If you want to fry them, just spray pam, dont use butter.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • robjacksrobjacks Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    30 seconds in the microwave will work too[:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    If you got problems with hot dogs then your wifey better haul some lunch meat home for ya!!

PS: the butter did it, use olive oil much heathier

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should have gone outside and got a stick stuck the dogs on and held them over the stove burner like a campfire guaranteed to be done just right
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Well....first off, fried hotdogs suck, ya should have boiled or nuked them, second....no butta on the dogs man!

aliens.jpg
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should have told the wife to pick you up something from town while she was up there.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Next time, throw the dogs in the water you are heating for the mac & cheese. When it boils, toss in the pasta. When the pasta is done, the dogs will be. Fish them out, drain the pasta, follow the directions for the cheese mix and away you go. Sheesh!

I agree with RUGERGUNZ' analysis of your results.

Bubba, I can tell you are a peanut butter sandwich chef at heart!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which side of the fridge? Sound like they wuz friz to me..

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    try not to burn the peanutbutter and jelly sandwich [:p]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my huntin buddies puts hot dogs in the fry daddy, they look and taste like they were cooked on the grill and only takes a minute or so.