In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mossber 20ga forend/pistol grip

1stmate1stmate Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Howdy-
Can anyone out there help me get this straight? I've got a M'berg 500 in 20ga that I'd like to outfit with synthetic forend & pistol grip for our "house gun". I've gotten conflicting answers on what will fit, and even the Mossberg web site is ambiguous about it. I'd like to know if the forend for a M'berg 500 will fit all models (including 20ga) and same for the pistol grip. Asking sellers on Ebay isn't lot of help. Some say "absolutely, no prob", others don't know, and on it goes.
Hep me pleez- I be hipnotized!
Thanks,
Jack

Comments

• deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 20 gauge will make a good house gun if loaded right, BUT i will strongly advise against the pistol grip configuration.If you need
    a short over all lenth home defense shotgun go with a shorter barrel
    (18 incher) and a synthetic "Youth" buttstock instead of the pistol grip.A pistol grip shotgun is extremely inaccurate and hard to handle IMO.To get the parts you need I would contact mossberg direct for them.Good luck.

use_deer.jpg
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not get a folding stock.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas