In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

maybe a new shotgun for my bday

0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
my girlfriend wants to get me a bday present i was thinking maybe this. i know it's cheap but what the hell i want a new shotgun i can take camping hiking,fishing and stuff for when im in the mountains,something i can beat on,it's got some good assecroies on it for the buck.i was also thinking a mossberg 500 either the crusader or persuader.tell what u think?
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Romanian_AK_SAR_Rifles.html

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
SEMPER FI

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Get the Mossberg combo pack.. Long and short barrel , then ya got home defense, and a field gun all in one.

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW, that's a nice gun for that amount of money! If it were me, I'd go for it!
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday[:D], Dont get that shotgun, Just hanging out in my local Gun shop i have seen more than a few come back after a store sale on them. Get the Mossberg for a few Bucks more it will last you a life time. That Chinese shotgun is garbage,Parts are not available
    for it as well acording to the gunsmith.

use_deer.jpg
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Model UCN for un-commonly nasty. Please don't get one of those. Same money you could get a slightly used Mossy or an 870. Either one you can buy all kinds of accessories for to make them into bird, deer or home defense guns. Its a lot of fun to reconfigure your shotgun for differing purposes and only takes a couple of hand tools.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Where you live I would go with the marine variety. OK you are a former Marine but I mean the all weather type. If you want something special and can find it i would recomend the Benelli M121 Old model. Imprted by H&K. Recoil operated. Wood furniture. Nice.
    My 2 cents. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about this[;)]
    gun06.jpg

use_deer.jpg
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:i want a new shotgun i can take camping hiking,fishing and stuff for when im in the mountains

Just make sure if you get one of the shotguns pictured and take it into the mountains or woods during hunting season, even if kept in the vehicle, that it is plugged to only except 3 shells.

quote:Classic095 Posted - 02/23/2004 : 3:12:36 PM
    Get the Mossberg combo pack.. Long and short barrel , then ya got home defense, and a field gun all in one.

"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.

The combos make real good sense to me too. Home protection and hunting. Just a thought.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I paid $175 for my Mossberg, with 8 shot tube and 20" cylinder bore barrel, and 3" chamber. They are tough guns for the money.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas