In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GOTTA NAME FOR THE NEW PUPPY

0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
MY GF IS GETTING A NEW PUP 1/2 BLACK LAB AND ROTTWEILER.WE FINALLY GOT A NAME FOR THE PUP LOKI PRONOUNCED (LOW-KYE) IT'S NORSE FOR MISUNDERSTOOD AND MISCHEIVESS[:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
SEMPER FI

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loki was the Norse God that played pranks on everyone, including man. He stayed in trouble and on the wrong side of Thor.[:0]

Sounds like a good name for a Lab!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    We just named our chocolate, Gunnar. First lab I've ever had, are they supposed to be smart? I thought they were..this poor little guy has to be about the most stubborn most ignorant puppy I've ever seen.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Good name. It sounded Hawaiian at first (the Hawaiian language consists of 8 consonants and 5 vowels).

In Norse legend Loki was a trickster god associated with magic and fire. Over time he became more and more evil, and he was eventually chained to a rock by the other gods.
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother had a choco Lab....Friendly, harmless mutt, but one of the STUUUUUPIDEST creatures you'd ever seen. A big, brainless, happy-go-lucky numbskull.
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aren't chocolate labs supposed to potentially make some of the best bird dogs?

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Did you get that name from the LL Bean catalog to?
    Just kiddn ya, you old jarhead..
    Kitty would have been better..
    Semper Fi
    Walte
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    quote:Kitty would have been better..

No, Kelly would have been better! [:D]
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Good name. Loki is one of my favorite Norsk gods. I also like dog names that end with the EEEE sound.

Labs are outstanding dogs I don't care what any one says. I have had 7 of them that were all or part lab. I only had to shoot one -- got that pup when it was too old and no one would take the pup and the guy who owned it was going to shoot it and I gave it a try. No luck and I learned NOT to name a dog Taxi as just like the car you can yell loud and often and Taxi just goes the other way.[:D]

My black lab never missed a retrieve all season and in one day she retrieved 9 pheasants and never lost one that went down, even blind retrieves.

Good luck.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess that's alright. But I never give a dog a name with more than one syllable. It's always seemed easier to me when I have to call them.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas