In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester 9410

bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
just wondering if anyone had one of these and what they thought about them I'm thinking about buying one for a camp gun

Comments

• bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wondering if anyone has any experience with lever action winchester 410's. Are they good shooters... any problems with any of the models etc...etc...
    edited November -1
    Anyone here have any experience with the Winchester 9410 shotgun? I'm thinking of getting one, but would like to hear from any of you guys before going through with it. thanks
    edited November -1
    Anyone know where I might locate a hooded front sight and gold trigger for my winchester 9410?
    edited November -1
    Has anyone ever shot a winchester 9410? I bought one new in the box the other day. Should a guy take it out and shoot it or leave it in the box. I think i got a pretty good deal on it. It was a traditional longer barrel and checkered stock and only payed 429.99 and got 10% off
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My bro-in-law had one, he liked it OK (he's a big fan of the lever gun) but he sold it due to the price of .410 shells.

For the price and the usage I'd get a Mossberg pump. But then again, I've got several .410's but my "baby" is a 1972 Remington 1100 .410 with a complete barrel set:

410.JPG

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I don't have one, but, a few months ago, I looked seriously at buying a lever action 410, both for fun and to have around camp. A local shop had the 9410 in both models. They also had the new Marlin 410 lever action. I am a big fan and modest collector of Winchesters and really appreciate the old ones, but, I thought the Marlin was superior to the Winchesters in fit, finish, and feel. At least try to find one of the Marlins before making a final decision.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, for a camp gun a Mossberg .410 would be a good choice. Those little lever .410's sure are neat though, but I wouldn't want to throw one in the bottom of a conoe. My camp gun is a H&R Topper .20ga 3" mod. That's one sweet set you got there Bambihunter.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 9410, and I love it. I use it for Sporting Clays. It is just a fun gun to have. I would highly recommend one.
    edited November -1
    I agree on the price of the 20 ga thats kinda why I was thinking of getting it for a camp gun I'v got plenty of 410 shells just trying to figure out a good way to talk the better half into another gun .Hey Bambihunter that is a really nice setup, you don't see many 1100's with 4 barrels
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys!
    It took me 3 months to find the old-style (no J-lock) 1100 that I wanted (in the condition I wanted) and it took me a year to find all the barrels. The IC barrel was a pain in the rump to find! [8D]

edited November -1
    Here are my two .410's.
    Stevens 940E
    Winchester 42
    The Stevens is my favorite just because it was my first gun. Got it for Christmas when I was about nine years old.
    410s.jpg

10-X.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    edited November -1
    Sweet... I haven't held a Win 42 in quite a while. There's just something about the cross-grooves on the pump action. [:)]

edited November -1
    I don't shoot it much. Just keep it around. Definately not what I would use as a camp gun.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif