In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dog food questions.....

rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Who decides that a new dog food is better tasting? Is this actually someone's job?......' So, Bob, you like the new liver flavor better that the old?' But is it really 'meatier'? How is the gravy?....better with or without?'

have yet to see a finicky dog.

If you have a finicky dog, I've come up the perfect solution. cat chit flavored dog food. I have yet to see a dog just walk by a litterbox with little or no interest. A little used cat food with just the right amount of Genuine, Georgia Fuller's earth, and your dog will be so happy, he won't be able to stop licking your face!

just a thought....

ps anyone have the number for Invention Submission corporation?.....I plan on goin big with this one......[}:)]

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    thats a hell of a plan

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    Back off head....my idea, and I will get a patent for it!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rcrx, I worked at a pet food plant for 7 years. I have no idea how they got the original formulas, but the test equipment can detect variance of a few pounds of an ingredient when testing 2 ton batches.

There's more gadgets to test dog food than you could ever imagine.
    It's also humorous to hear people talk about certian types of pet food, how thier dog won't eat this or that and many times they are EXACTLY the same stuff. The place I used to work used to (and might still) make all the pet food for Wal-mart (among other chains) and we also supplimented pet food production for both Iam's and Pedigree.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Bambi....You mean they didn't have a 'taster' in the r&d lab?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
    edited November -1
    Not that I'm aware of, although it's the same exact stuff breakfast cereal is made from (even uses the same machines). However, it isn't made in as sanitary conditions as food intended for human consuption.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If my dog won't eat the dog food I put in his bowl he'll just have to starve.[}:)] So far he's still alive and well.[8D]

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
    edited November -1
    H.S. - you're wise above your years... I've said that for many, many years. If you give a dog special food "until he will eat something else" then he won't. Would you eat McDonalds every day when you could have an Outback steak if you were just stubborn?
    I wouldn't let a pet die to prove a point, but I'd let it suffer and think about how stubborn it wants to be.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always thought food is what we eat and feed is what you give the critters.
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I know is that if there is ever a dog jerky taster job that comes available, I'll be up for it. Me and my dog eat ate her dog jerky before, mind you I dont make a habit of it, but I do it to get a rise out of the wife, and I think it makes the dog kind of irritated too, that she has to share. I put a piece in my mouth and make the dog bite a piece off. Not recommended to those that have a big dog like I do, when its hungry. Ya gotta watch out for your nose. Really, the dog jerky, some of it, tastes just like people jerky, and it didnt kill me, so it cant be all that bad. I guess if you can eat some of the MRE's the dog jerky tastes pretty good.

"Never argue with an idiot.... They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

"I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem."

Ryan
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buddyb
    I always thought food is what we eat and feed is what you give the critters.

I always thought feed was plural of food...

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    edited November -1
    I always thought feed was a verb.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    edited November -1
    Yeah, it probably is...
    I suppose you could feed on food, so therefore it shouldn't be a plural of the same word. If I wasn't so lazy I'd look it up. [:I]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    edited November -1
    Well, I guess if your from Australia, a couple of wigity worms would be a good feed. Now that's good bush tucker!

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif