In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

USAF Airman's dad !!

tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My younger son took the oath Wed. I wish he'd have taken this route 3 or 4 yrs. back, but it's a decision that he had to make on his own. He's always been our "problem child", in need of a direction and purpose. He's done little in 23 yrs. to make us proud, but this commitment makes up for a lot. He doesn't go to basic for 3 mo., but then we're empty nesters !! WOOO HOO [:D]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comments

• PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tapwater, congratulate the young man for me. Unless things have changed in the 40 + years, when he finishes basic training he'll have both direction and purpose. Sure put my head on straight(well, part-way, they can only perform minor miracles you know).
  • cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you and your son!
    Most people spend not a single moment of their lives thinking about someone besides themsleves. Servicemen and women do so their entire careers.
    C-

edited November -1
    Thanks folks, I'm so durn proud and happy that it jus' gets me all teary...[:D]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • earlwellmanearlwellman Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, I have been in the Air Force for over 12 years and like it a lot. What is your son going to do in the AF? Let me know if you need any assistance.

TSgt Earl Wellman, USAF
    earl.wellman@charleston.af.mil