In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

stun gun

Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
just ordered me a 750,000 volt stun gun off of here. anybody ever been hit with one of these? I just want to know if this thing is gonna make me soil myself if the wife gets ahold of it

Jake

Comments

• Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    it hurts bad,but why would you want to get 1 for your wife when pepper mace is more affective.with the stun gun you have to hit the person directly with your hand meaning youve gotta get very close and touch the person and if she had to use it she might be frightend and hestitant the attacker would get her no problem.while with pepper mace she doesnt have to get to close about 10 ft and it is still affective.once the attacker gets hit she can run.

just my .02[;)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got her pepper spray, and I know what that stuff feels like. I got the zapper gun for the hell of it.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I don't care what people say... but a Stungun is just as good as anything else.

Some attacks come from behind, you won't see the attacker.. let alone know where his/her face is.

A stungun just needs contact with the attackers body to work - I don't say that it will work properly everywhere, the full effect will be around the heart/lung/stomach area - but an attacker till most likely let go of you, if you hit him/her on the arm.

A Stungun does work nicely as a deterrant.. scares people off.
    But so does a can of mace or pepperspray.

It's a choice people make, what kind of protection that's needed.
    If you're not likely to see the attacker or get jumped suddenly - I'd choose the stungun. If you work at a counter, facing an attacker - I'd probably choose a can of mace/pepperspray - possibly a stungun that shoots electrodes with wires.

But then again, a shotgun would be much more effective as a deterrent behind the counter.

Don't feel unsafe with just one kind of protection - but you can rely on the stungun, it'll do it's job.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    then again, maybe kansas will pass a carry law, i should hold my breath and wait for it
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    A little sidenote: In 8 % of the earths population pepper spray has little or no effect. The other 92 % will get lit up like a Christmas tree. A stungun on the other hand will light up 100% of the populace when properly administered. IMHO the stungun is a better deterrent.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    People on drugs can sometimes fight through pepper, whereas a stun gun causes involuntary loss of muscle control. The main advantage of a 750,000 volt over a 100,000 or 300,000 is the bigger one does not need to be held against the other person's body for as long a period of time to incapacitate. The smaller stun guns may need up to 3 seconds of sustained contact -- a big 'un can do the same job in a second or less.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The stun gun is an excellant type of non lethal defense.Ive been put down by them yes.Did it hurt not really at first its like a bad muscle spasm.Im an Instructor on the use of stun/Taser guns and on occasion teach the use and basics at the academy.The stun gun works by turning Blood Sugar immediately to lactic acid,your muscles require blood sugar to move or function.For about 3 seconds you are motion less or can barely move and have no strength at all.You can easily cuff someone in the amount of time it takes to recover.Suspects can get up and walk within 1 minute,most people have all their strength back in 10 minutes.Their have never been a incident to date where the stun gun or taser caused long turm harm.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    jack85jack85 Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever shot yourself in the foot with the stun gun?
    Guy comes up to you with the intention of asking for a cigarette and zap. He's in coma because you just stop his heart bit for more then 30sec. Luck of oxygen to his brain causes him to become a vegetable. Thanks to a modern technology he's successfully kept alive for the next 20 years. Guess who's going to flip the bill?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    its a very low amperage, not enough to stop your heart i wouldnt think