In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Clear me up on gunbroker lingo

rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
'troll'

'onager'

"'________' giveaway"

you'ld think that with the bazillion post's i have in here, I'd have caught on......by now[:D]

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Troll is someone who disagrees with your point of view. giveaway is what you do when someone answers your question. The other I leave alone.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets see if I can add to decon's answers:Troll a person who's motive is to cause arguments completly turn members against each other.And they usually come in under a bogus name and back out when people start ignoreing them.

The give aways are from very generous members who want to give something away.A pretty nice thing to do and alot of good folk do it.Some do it just to be generous others do it as a quiz type question,what ever their reason their just plain good folk.I think you will like it here.

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An example of trolling is asking why the "North Whupped the South", "How do I get out of a 100 mph speeding ticket", "Why do they make Harleys so dang cheap" or ".223 if my favorite deer rifle". Any of these topics will surely get you a rise from the forum. SO if you like stirring the hornets nest, then you are a troll.[}:)]

Mad Dog
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    troll = a person whos sole purpose it to disrupt this sight. to cause trouble, cast aspersions, lie, and behave in a disrespectful manner, often with a total disregard for the posted rules, or the feelings of others.

According to the above, this place is swarming with trolls, a regular trollfest.[:)]
  • The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:'troll'

'onager'

"'________' giveaway"

Hmmm...!

Troll: A word someone who is extremely sensitive uses when their wit is exhausted (if no wit exists, it's usually used in their first sentence in a post/reply).

Onager: A word derived from the Nunnery Thesaurus

__________ giveaway: Something that is sent to me if it's worth having.

[:X]

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This clears up alot for me too! Just wondering where dyke B___h comes from[:D] B.B.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heres one "POOFED" this word means NUNN dont like your thread[:D]

use_deer.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybear
    This clears up alot for me too! Just wondering where dyke B___h comes from[:D] B.B.

It comes from someone not secure in thier manhood enough to talk to a lady with respect.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, dcon. Appreciate the come back.....B.B.
    edited November -1
    It should not have to come to that but some people can not or will not engage in conversation or debate with out insulting others. When you start insulting, you have ran out of original ideas and feel the need to fall back on the days when you were in kindergarten. Say what you mean and mean what you say, just my opinion, Don.