In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can this be sold?

kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73979&item=3685875461&rd=1 ON ebay???

Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif

Comments

• Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought they were against anything that goes boom[:D]quote:Originally posted by remington nut
    why not??

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay this is why
    Firearms
    eBay prohibits members from listing firearms, including antique, collectible, and sport & hunting firearms as well as ammunition . I knew they were against anything that goes boom [:(]
    quote:Originally posted by remington nut
    why not??

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    duhh now i see what you were talking about... you have a good point there.. i guess they might sneak it through by saying it's not a shooter??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Even if not a shooter . Cant list it. [:(]quote:Originally posted by remington nut
    duhh now i see what you were talking about... you have a good point there.. i guess they might sneak it through by saying it's not a shooter??

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,010 ******
    edited November -1
    They can sneak it through even if it is a AR-15 with a dozen 30 round mags and two cases of ammo, as long as no one snitches.

The Fleabay site managers do not even try to police their site. They depend on site users to inform them of violations, so it might go unnoticed.

The worst that happens is you get a warning and they snatch your auction, but they also credit the listing fees.

You can search the gun stuff on Fleabay and find at least a dozen violations, right now, I guarantee it.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Somebody needs to email the guy and let him know about gunbrokers [:D]quote:Originally posted by nunn
    They can sneak it through even if it is a AR-15 with a dozen 30 round mags and two cases of ammo, as long as no one snitches.

The Fleabay site managers do not even try to police their site. They depend on site users to inform them of violations, so it might go unnoticed.

The worst that happens is you get a warning and they snatch your auction, but they also credit the listing fees.

You can search the gun stuff on Fleabay and find at least a dozen violations, right now, I guarantee it.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess is he hopes it gets through, probably get a better price through fleabay with that. nambu
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was selling silencers on flEbay until someone ratted me out last week. The guy bought it and then want me to just ship it to him in Canada, even though the auction said will only ship to US. He got mad and reported me to Flebay. If you read their posting rules their is nothing against selling a legal suppressor, they just ban illegal ones.
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Here's another one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73979&item=3684879234&rd=1

Maybe someone ought to tell them about GB, just in case Ebay poofs their ad, and for future sales. Since guns sales aren't allowed on EB, they'd probably make more money on them here.

MVC-031S.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Interesting.I wonder if it is capable of shooting ?

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll say it again.. Ebay is out of control
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Or in control hmmm[:D]quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    I'll say it again.. Ebay is out of control

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the Guys First E-bay Sale!
    Not asking for FFL.
    Stolen?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73979&item=3684879234&rd=1

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    awcountdown_sm.gifhttp://www.awbansunset.com/
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does black powder firearms require a ffl? I have no idea not a black powder guy[:D]quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    This is the Guys First E-bay Sale!
    Not asking for FFL.
    Stolen?

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    awcountdown_sm.gifhttp://www.awbansunset.com/

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1

On the left is a powder flask.

In CA, you can walk into a gun shop and walk right out with a black powder pistol, no ID required.
    No DROS, FFL, fingerprints. All you need is money.
    Intriguing also, it looks like there is a rifle stock in the lower part of the box.
    A conversion kit?

The very first piece up top? If a gunsmith went to that much trouble, don't you think he'd leave a mark somewhere? Even though the screws have a "worn look" from use (and presumably, an early, inferior grade of steel). Maybe on the bottom it says "Made in Pakistan"?

e1_3.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I was to bid on that .45, and it was against ebay's rules, would I have to buy it, and could I get negative feedback if I didn't?

(Thinking about *playing* with both those idiots! LIke, placing a
    $10,000.00 bid on both of them.)

Gimme some guidence here ya'll. I love having some fun!

MVC-031S.jpg

-- Gen. George S. Patton
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No you would not. They would remove it from the system[:D]quote:Originally posted by Rebel_James
    If I was to bid on that .45, and it was against ebay's rules, would I have to buy it, and could I get negative feedback if I didn't?

(Thinking about *playing* with both those idiots! LIke, placing a
    $10,000.00 bid on both of them.)

Gimme some guidence here ya'll. I love having some fun!

MVC-031S.jpg

-- Gen. George S. Patton

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok...well, if they're still on when I get home from work tomorrow, I'm gonna throw a BA bid on them!

MVC-031S.jpg

-- Gen. George S. Patton
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    It looks like one of those "Wall Hangers" look at the pic, there seems to be no hole in the barrell at the flash pan, I have seen a lot of these at the flea Mkts here, look like the real thing, working action and everything, just no hole for the spark to ignite powder in the barrell.[:0]

Had a guy bring me one, (he knew I know a little about guns) and ask me what I thought of his great purchase, guy he got it from told him it was a working antique, cost him a couple hundred, (what a lesson), when I pointed out there was no way it could be fired without drilling a hole in the barrell, he had a fit.. dont know what he did with it, or the guy he got it from....[:0]

Classic (the Ugly Biker)
    pig.jpg
    "I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What scares me on the "Colts" is no feedback/ first timer on fleabay/ redflag to me. nambu
  • Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    You're not supposed to sell any firearm related stuff but I see MANY mags on ebay.

SECONDLY you're not supposed to sell hi-cap, so the seller states that it is not a high cap and puts a picture of the mag (which is a hi-cap) and sells it like that.
  • Options
    bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I emailed him yesterday asked if it was a real gun or a non firing reproduction he hasn't responded back I have 15 or 20 non fire repo that I hang on the wall it sure looks like one by the pictures

I was looking at the blowup and could not see the fire hole I got out my flintlock and there is a distinct fire hole in the barrel if someone can blow up the lock bigger should see the fire hole

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    Albert Einstein
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I'd leave them alone.

It's blackpowder and not restricted by Federal Firearms laws.

Only by those French 'gentlemen' that own fleabay.

awcountdown.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fleabay musta caught 'em. Both the ads have been 'poofed.'

MVC-031S.jpg

-- Gen. George S. Patton
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They are gone , oh wellquote:Originally posted by Rebel_James
    Fleabay musta caught 'em. Both the ads have been 'poofed.'

MVC-031S.jpg

-- Gen. George S. Patton

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As a joke, I bid 500 bucks on the first one. After the ad got poofed by ebay, the idiot emailed asking if I still wanted it. The bidding was up to $229 when it was poofed. Said he would sell it to me for that before he listed it on a 'gun' site!

Didn't even reply.

MVC-031S.jpg

-- Gen. George S. Patton
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So are you sending a money order?[:D]quote:Originally posted by Rebel_James
    As a joke, I bid 500 bucks on the first one. After the ad got poofed by ebay, the idiot emailed asking if I still wanted it. The bidding was up to $229 when it was poofed. Said he would sell it to me for that before he listed it on a 'gun' site!

Didn't even reply.

MVC-031S.jpg

-- Gen. George S. Patton

Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif