In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Supreme O/U questions

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
If anyone has any likes or dislikes about this shotgun please let me know, I may be working a trade to get ahold of a very nice one. It is similar to the one in this auction, except the one I would get is not ported. Any thoughts or expierence would be great. ANYBODY?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44446269

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Nobody owns one, has a buddy that owns one, or has even handled one in a gunshop?
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I looked at these shotguns when I decided to try a double gun for the first time a couple of years ago...I never fired one. It seemed to be a viable option. price was competative for other guns of this quality. I ended up buying browning. I like them and they seem to fit me better ( at least at the shop)
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have handled them at a gunshop before, several times actaully. If I had the money, it would be an option. That auction is kind of high though to the prices that I found shopping around.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the input, I own alot of shotguns, I may be able to get a steal of a deal on one of these (not the one in the auction), and I thought I may buy it to use as my "loaner" gun for people that come with me but don't have a shotgun. Right now my loaner is a remington 1100 sporting and I just love it, and an O/U is easier for a new shooter to adjust to. Here's a pic of my loaner shotgun.

1100takendown.jpg
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I have one...is it the field model with satin finish wood and black reciever? Its a nice gun! and Its not made in Japan. It uses browning choke tubes (might as well be a browning). I guess the only downside I could say is that it is a gun for all people...nothing custom about them...you get a 26" bbl and flat wood (with the field). With the sporting model you get 28" bbls and 2 3/4" chamber only. It is like the old ford that you could get in any color, as long as it was black.[:D]
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kick like a mule. wood cracks in places sometimes, in wrist or behind trigger guard. hey, its a miruku. they all do![:)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    kick like a mule. wood cracks in places sometimes, in wrist or behind trigger guard. hey, its a miruku. they all do![:)]

Isnt that a 101?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    who do think makes winchesters? dont tell me, are the italians making them now?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The supreme is not a miruku, they are made in Belgium.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.
    The supreme is not a miruku, they are made in Belgium.

Bobski ,he is right, you shoulda pickd up on that. [V]

But, not only are they made in belgium, It'd be a good laoner gun[:D]...your remington 1100 is too nice to be loaning out. Just break it in (Win) a few rounds cause the supremes are too tight! let it take the pounding for a couple of years and then sell it for twice what you paid! And thats my .02
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well, learn something new every day.
    is it over 8 lbs? anything less is gonna kick.
    belgium brownings kicked worse than mirukus.
    semis are best for beginners. less flinch.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I shoot (and supply newbies) with 1oz loads with only 17.5 grains of green dot, you can run through a 1000 in an afternoon if you want and you won't be hurting from it.