In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg and Spartan over/under shotguns

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
I picked one of the Mossberg O/U 12 Gauge Shotguns up and played with it the other day. I was quite surprised at how well it felt, it had a walnut stock with nice checkering a nickel reciever with engraves in it as well as a Gold bird I think on each side. Has anyone shot or own one of these shotguns? What would your opinion be on it or the Spartan sold by Remington looks good in the book. I have a 12GA Ruger Red Label I love to Bird hunt with,but if these are descent shotguns I would rather take it through the snow and thickets where I wouldnt my Ruger. BTW the Mossberg comes with 5 chokes.Anyone with knowledge on either gun?

Comments

• Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    All I know is i want one. They are definatly cheaper and if it gets the job done thats all that matters. From what i heard mossberg bought out the company that makes them its really not a mossberg product.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Spartan is a good 1...have shot it in the 28ga.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The Mossberg Internations is used by a couple of my 4-h shooters, mid range priced shotgun,, Have found out the pivet pin gets wobbly after around 1000 rounds..

The Spartan (Remington) Baikal, is a fairly good mid range shotgun. I would think about the same quality as the Mossberg. I have only had one of these and dont know how it holds up to a pounding like Trap shooting.[:)]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    check out my reply to you over at brand x. And read it before you buy one.