In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NR means WHAT?

littlebighornlittlebighorn Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
At the risk of ticking off some sellers I must ask why they bother advertising No Reserve, and then start the bidding at some ambiguous amount that they'd be happy to get. No Reserve with a $20 or $500 opening bid, when Gunbroker shows there have been zero bids, means that there is a reserve to me. Also saw an opening bid of $20 for a HS magazine and the winning bidder must pay $4.95 S&H. Ouch, ouch, ouch. The guy may not make much off the magazine at $20, but he's going to clean up on S&H. I will bid outrageous amounts for something if I want it bad enough, but I confess that I shy away from NR's only to find out there IS a reserve. Why not be honest folks, and just put in your reserve price?

Comments

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just look for what ever it is I think I want at that point in time, and I check the S&H, because like you said it can catch up to you kind of quick. I ONCE bought a $17.00 book and paid $7.00 S&H. He got me there...

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller