In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Big problem , need advice ...

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Back in January we returned a Tikka T3 to Beretta that was involved in the recall on the barrels that were disinegrating on the T3 stainless rifles. We got the gun back in late April finally after repeated phone calls and getting answering machines and no call backs. Upon opening the box I found the gun to have a HUGE scratch on the right side of the stock. I packaged her back up and used a return tag to Beretta that was included in the box. I was totally pissed needless to say. And by the way this was a customers gun not even ours. June 1st came and we called to get the status of the repair and again got answering machines and no call backs. I get more pissed by the day . Eventually July 1st came and we got to wondering where the hell gun was so I called Beretta and finally got a call back, they said "We have no record of the gun even being here". We have fought back and forth afor 3 weeks with supervisors from both Beretta and UPS and have gotton nowhere . This went on until this past week and we figured they would just call and say OK we found it and its being repaired. Its still missing !!!!!!
The UPS driver the picked it up from our store remembers taking it but the big problem now is I cant find the tracking number. UPS says they have no record w/out the number and Beretta has no record because the call tags they place in boxes are random and some are used some not so they have no idea of what the number could have been . I have threatened to get the BATF involved in a stolen gun matter but that hasnt helped. What can I do ?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You my friend a "SOL" UPS has no feeling for your problem. They will tell you that it is your problem and that is that.Happened here. Good luck

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BATF
    Will only ask for your guns serial
    number to add to their list
    UPS are the people with the paper trail
  • Options
    stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cant you just give ups your name to have them look up everything that you have shiped threw them and get the tracking number that way
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are telling us that they can do nothin w/out a tracking number. I thought the same thing.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFI
    They are telling us that they can do nothin w/out a tracking number. I thought the same thing.

Beretta should receive a invoice from UPS with all the tracking numbers / call tags listed, a call tag should stand out as it costs more than a regular tracking number, ask them to send you these numbers and do the tracking yourself.
    Don

Gizmogizmo.gif
    eng.JPG
    http://home.comcast.net/~dgarriott/guns.html
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you have your own web based UPS account? If so, you can search the shipping history and find tracking numbers.