In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody in the Billings,MT area????

loaderloader Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Taking a job in the Billings area the end of March. Any of you fine people in the area, if so , maybe we could hook up and have some fun.

loader.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,327 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Billings has got to be a great place.
    I was born there.
    My parents moved down South when I was a baby.
    I wish they had stayed in the "Big Sky" country.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I cant belive that NOBODY live close to Billings MT, That is on this board.
    I guess that i will go up there and be board to tears, there is nothing to do, NOT.
    I have all kinds of things to do according to the Chamber of Commerce.Actually looking foward to hiking and camping and fishing while up there.
    Just thought I might meet a few more people from the board while I am up there.
    Oh well.

loader
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I surely wish I was.....[:(]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,535 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I think there is only one person on the whole forum who lives in Montana. That is Riverguide223? I was born and raised in western Montana and I would have thought there would be more on the forum from there. I am moving back in a couple of years, so it ain't getting nothin' but better.[:D]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am only 126 miles away, down in Sheridan Wyoming. We have a gunshow going on this weekend. Went today, no real bargains, just all dealers selling at above retail prices as usual!
    Loader you are going to like Montana, great hunting, fishing, hiking. In May when they open the Beartooth Pass, take a drive down thru Red Lodge, over the pass and into Wyoming. It is beautiful country up there! Then you have Yellowstone, but don't go there in the summer. The roads are clogged with tourists. Go in the fall. I was going to settle in Billings but too many people up there, like 115,000. They have some crime and drug problems up there too. Avoid the south side if you are looking for a place to rent or buy!

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Chris, Only 126 miles, no sweat, Lets get together.
    I have driven 1256 miles ( yes, 1256 miles ) to see a friend for the weekend, and been back to work on Monday night ( 11p - 7a ) shift. So whats 126 miles.
    I am sopposed to work 10hr days, 4 days a week, 1 weekend a month. I think I will have some time to see the sights. Looking foward to seeing the WIDE OPEN PLAINS.
    Actually making plans to go to Chyene (sp) Wy. while I am up there, plus all the other places within a days drive.

loader
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should defintely get over to Deadwood South Dakota and see the Badlands and the Black Hills while you are up this way. I have been thru Cheyenne but never stayed there. There are so many things to do in this area especially in the warmer months. What kind of work are you going to be doing in Billings? Have you been there before?

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Western ND is not that far away. We measure in time not miles. I fly out of Billings to Phoenix next Friday to visit my son. Would be a hoot to meet familyguy and kingjoey.

Here are the rules for Montana and Billings. Stay off Montana avenue. People will fight in bars not just threaten. You are far enough east that the Kalifornians are not that thick there (that mess starts at about Livingston) There are more outdoor recreation activities than you will accomplish in a lifetime. Yellowstone upstream from the refinery is great (some good trout as you get further toward Livinston.) Hunting license for residents are cheap and plentiful.

Would be glad to hook up with. Nice to see the guys from WY and SD also jump on board. Maybe we could all get together for kicks and giggles and shot some prairie dogs. Miles City might be a nice place to hook up. Montana Bar in Miles City is one of my favorites.

Oh one last thing -- if you see a man trying to get a sheep whose head is stuck in the fence just keep driving. You would not want to interrupt a Montanan's intimate moment[:D] Bad joke but it is the state where men are men and sheep are nervous.[:D][:D][:D]

In reality, you will like Billings. There are still some real ranchers there and some great stores. Make sure you get to the Big Bear Store (Montana's answer to Cabelas) and also to the Base Camp store.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Howdy all,

Going to be working at the hospital in Billings. Not sure of the name, but one of them. Contract worker for the next three months. Still waiting on the contract from the hopsital, will know for sure on Wednesday, after I review the contract, but it all looks good so far. Would love to hook up with some of you, and have some fun. Looking foward to seeing the BIG COUNTRY.

Will post my cell number before I leave for Montona on the 26 of March. That way I could call you all or you could call me and we could hook up.

Time for me to pack up and start back to Midland Texas. So i will talk to you all later.

loader. ( Eric )