In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

center consoles and guns

briguybriguy Member Posts: 459 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have been thinking about buying a Jeep Wrangler but changed my mind towards something bigger and getting a Hummer instead so the whole family can fit into and we can all go to the mountains and maybe get around on the rougher mountain trails a little better than we can in a pickup.

The problem with the Jeeps and Hummers is that they have center consoles in the front seat. When ever I buy a pickup the first thing I look for is a bench seat. I like the bench seats so when I am hunting I can carry my guns on the seat beside me. I really miss the pickups from the late 1970's and early 80's for this reason. They had lots of room for guns on the seat. Two people in one of those older pickups could have 6 guns on the seat between them.

Anyway what is the best and easiest way to carry a rifle in one of these vehicles with a center console so it is quick and easily accessible to the driver and so they don't take a beating? I am not a huge fan of over head gun racks.

Comments