In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Storm...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
You and Pietro have inspired me to check with the Bonner County Sheriff's dept to see if they have a Reserve Deputy program. I'd like to play a part in stopping the spread of gangs in my area...I truly believe in being proactive in such a scenario...

Comments

• 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I loved the reserve department!

Lots of good times there.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,298 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gangs?

In Idaho?

I didn't know you people even had minorities up there.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    gangs?

In Idaho?

You'd think they'd be easy to spot...
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    Because of upward mobility in departments. They often shun any paramilitary or posse type organization.

They make a lot of money off of the criminals by creating bonds and so on. They generate funds for the department. Sadly, it's to protect and serve the CORPORATION anymore instead of the people.

But if they do offer it, sign up!

Our area takes care of it's own. Lots of deep lakes for child molesters and trouble makers.

The cops don't want our help even though most montanans are seasoned infantry or marine veterans. They would rather go after us since they know we are peaceful and have money.
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Not all is as it seems.[;)]quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    gangs?

In Idaho?

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    Because of upward mobility in departments. They often shun any paramilitary or posse type organization.

They make a lot of money off of the criminals by creating bonds and so on. They generate funds for the department. Sadly, it's to protect and serve the CORPORATION anymore instead of the people.

But if they do offer it, sign up!

Our area takes care of it's own. Lots of deep lakes for child molesters and trouble makers.

The cops don't want our help even though most montanans are seasoned infantry or marine veterans. They would rather go after us since they know we are peaceful and have money.

LE is the same way up in these parts....shortly after moving here, someone tried to abduct my daughter and her friend from the back yard. Called the Sheriff's dept and was told they'd send a deputy out (could take an hour to reach us), but in the mean time "do whatever you need to do, to take care of your family". That was my welcome to N. Idaho...and music to my ears.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I have learned alot about our LE through this academy. KC is always looking for reserve Deputies and volunteers.

Having all of the chiefs from different departments, Det., Lt., and deputies, they were all under the same agreement that they would by far prefer a trained, armed civilian over an unarmed,untrained civilian.

They were all 100% in agreement that they love an armed citizen.

All of the PD's here love their reserve Deputies and voulunteers.
    Over the past several weeks I have met some great people.

Today we had our swat demo and also got to spend a couple hours w/ the K-9's. it was a good time.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    Hey Eric, Here in Idaho in KC if you have military background it is a plus to get on the reserve officer program. Also, is a plus for applying to the PD.[8D]