In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Requirements for posting "BREAKING NEWS"-SOLVED

calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
First off, let me say "Thank you" to all those that help to keep us informed of current events. Having said that, before you post, please take a moment to at least review the current page of topics before posting. There is no need to each post a link letting us know that Carrie Prejean will keep her crown, or that H.R. 45 is going to make it impossible to get ammunition. Thank you.

P.S. Please don't turn this thread into a giant, rant about posting requirements. It will only add to the insanity.

EDIT: The reasoning was finally explained to me.

quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
quote:Originally posted by callcameron
Isn't posting multiple times about the same news story a lot like somebody coming on and asking "I live in California. Can I buy a gun on the internet?"

In such a case, everybody jumps on them to use the search. If you're not willing to answer the same question over and over, why would you want to read the same news over and over?
Some people use different fonts and pretty colors.

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    First off, let me say "Thank you" to all those that help to keep us informed of current events. Having said that, before you post, please take a moment to at least review the current page of topics before posting. There is no need to each post a link letting us know that Carrie Prejean will keep her crown, or that H.R. 45 is going to make it impossible to get ammunition. Thank you.

P.S. Please don't turn this thread into a giant, rant about posting requirements. It will only add to the insanity.

Gee, sure thing General...
  • Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell I thought Kevvy was on boat somewhere........
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally, someone is taking control of this out-of-control forum!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1

Thank you officer nuts and bolts!
  • peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Save your breath!

Doesn't matter how much you post about double or triple posts... it is still going to happen. Just part of the internet forum business.[;)]
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to see that the newbie that is just one month old has solved all of GB's problems and will make sure there aren't any double taps.

WTG boot.[}:)]
  • peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Another bit... haven't you heard about a chain of command? I don't see any red stars under your username. Sheeesh! The nerve of some people![:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Actually...a lot of us get our News here...before it his the mainstream networks.

We'll keep it that way thank you.[:)]
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Actually...a lot of us get our News here...before it his the mainstream networks.

I guess the multiple posts is like having CNN, NBC, and FOX all handy, right?
  • Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is brave talk for a man without red stars.[B)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

It is...you will learn things here that sometimes don't hit the mainstream media until the next day...or longer. The DHS report is a fine example of that. I had a copy of that report and distributed it to folks at least 24 hours before it hit the mainstream media. I'm pretty sure that I heard about it here on GB first...and not from an email.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oklahoma223
    That is brave talk for a man without red stars.[B)]

My stars are red. You need to adjust the color on your monitor. [:D]
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    democracy = rule by the people.
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Pay attention, son. He will not repeat himself!
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who died and left you Queen?

[:X]
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    THanks junior (KALKAN)[}:)]
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With 350+ posts in a month/11.39 post per day, you're hardly the guy to create posting guidelines to keep the b.s. off of GB.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    THanks junior (KallKam)[}:)]

Hey, that's looks familiar.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Maybe KALKAN liked the judges better than the Contestants[?][:X]
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho
    Who died and left you Queen?

[:X]

Not to point out the obvious, but that wasn't very... well...... "polite" [:D][:o)][:D][:o)]
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    how did that work for ya? [:0]
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Blah. Blah, Blah.
  • lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its fun u can read distorted lies, right here before, seeing them on your tv.

pat
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1

It is...you will learn things here that sometimes don't hit the mainstream media until the next day...or longer. The DHS report is a fine example of that. I had a copy of that report and distributed it to folks at least 24 hours before it hit the mainstream media. I'm pretty sure that I heard about it here on GB first...and not from an email.

This is true. I now check GB forums for most news then look into it from there. Everyone here is pretty much like minded on most things so I find most general info. on here.

Who da thunk it![:D]