In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Investigator called

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Well, an investigator called and told me I was evidently the last person outside of his wife that my buddy talked to. We talked for a while and he asked lots of questions including wanting to know if he was down or depressed or if he spoke of getting near the end of his life. I answered them all and told the truth. He also asked if his wife was usually distant when talking about him and his illness.

He doubts they will find anything to prove one way or the other what happened, but told me it would not be a suicide no matter what. If he removed his own oxygen line, it is still natural causes because the most it can be is his refusal to accept treatment, and that's not suicide.

He said he has issues with the circumstances, but it will be either a natural death or a homicide, and there is not enough evidence at this time to prove homicide. He said the line could have been removed by Ronnie (not a homicide) or it could have come loose accidentally (not a homicide) or someone could have removed it at his request (not a homicide) or they could have removed it against his will or without his knowledge (either a homicide or accident).

I'm at peace with it. I will attend his funeral once his body is released and remember the man who could make me laugh until my side hurt.

It still is hard to take, and I'll never be able to look his wife in the eye without wondering, so I'll just stay away from her.

Comments

• D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Good luck. God rest his soul.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny,......you have enough of your own problems.
    Say goodbye to your friend, and remember him as a healthy, fun person you once knew. Don't let those feelings be taken away by your suspicions.

If you suspect her, simply stay away from her.
    He is feeling no pain now, and in a better place!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Danny,
    Again, you have no idea as to what was discussed between them before he died, he may have asked her over a number of months or even years to assist him or even take his life when the time was right.

Try to think of what your friend would think if it were you ...would he avoid your wife? or would he just let it go as to perhaps it was your wish..
  • jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My little brother, TxLawDog, told me something he learned many years ago in a homicide investigation course. GOD is the final judge. People may get away with murder here, but they will face HIM eventually. God had the first law against murder. We know God is an investigator, because God told Cain that his brother's (Able's) blood cried out for vengeance. God did say "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" in the bible.

Let it go. There is someone much more capable that is able to handle it. Trust me. i've seen it.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    Good to hear your strength of mind, in any event he would want you to remember his strengths as well as all the good times you spent here.