In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Springfield XD(M)

Sven61611Sven61611 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hi everyone! I recently purchased my very first firearm, a Springfield XD(M)9, last weekend at a gun show. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out to the range yet to break her in. Do any of you other XD(M)9 owners have any insight, advice, etc. you'd care to share?

For instance, do they handle lead reloads well? Any particular bullet shape more accurate that others? What is the general rule of thumb with respect to the number or rounds required for an appropriate "break in."

Thank you!

Comments

• joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had the XD sub compact Not the M just the regular. i can say it honestly only had one hang up. best little pistol i had, now i wish i never sold it. But it would eat anything, reloads even some very old reloads we thought would get stuck[:I] (they were that old), but it ate them.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sven61611

For instance, do they handle lead reloads well? Any particular bullet shape more accurate that others? What is the general rule of thumb with respect to the number or rounds required for an appropriate "break in."

Thank you!

Lead reloads work fine, keep the velocity on the low end of the spectrum.

Just shoot it, you will be fine keep it clean and lubed and it will run well.

I had a few hang ups when I was working my loads up. I haven't found anything that won't feed it.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple XDs and also a XDm-40. Mine have feed any ammo I have put in them. They are great pistols

Welcome to the XD family.[:D]
    Regards, MAALOX
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My buddy has the XD in 45ACP...
    EATS anything.
    He had a trigger job job a couple months after buying it.
    Best accuracy I've ever seen in a hand gun.
    He had the night sights added at the same time... wicked.
    I like all the safeties that little job has.
    I plan on getting one when the money shows up...
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    XD 40 Sub Compact. I seldom shoot it but I do like it.
  • hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought the wife the XDM 9 last month. Shoots great. Just haven't been able to find ammo.

I am waiting for them to make it in a .45 and then it is my turn for one.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    My wife bought me a XDm 40. I love it!

Congrats. on your first firearm purchase welcome to the club.