In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone use a FOBUS holster??

ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
I just got my first Fobus holster, Works good so far...... Anyone have any problems with it? Or how do you like it??? [:D]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... NRA & Friends of the NRA
American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS
Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• Ding-a-lingDing-a-ling Member Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two. Use for ccw. Both are paddle type. Work great if you take a bandsaw and cut the belt keeper stickout thingys off. If you don't,it is hard to put on and off. But,they are still great holsters.Won't be without them.[:)]

Ding-a-ling
    Some people get up and say"Good Morning Lord"

Others get up and say "Good Lord,it's morning.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use one for my 1911 and my HP. The main problem is that the plastic is not form fitting like leather which allows the gun to move around just a little in the holster, and the plastic can also get small pieces of debris like sand and grit embedded in the plastic. Both of these things can marr a finish quickly. I have a line accross the slide of my 1911 by the barrel, and a spot to the rear left of the ejection port from this. Other than that I love my Fobus paddles. Just make sure and keep them clean.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other than the "wear" it puts on my handguns, I like them. Mine fits snug.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • CFPythonCFPython Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great stuff for the issued duty Glock. Fobus are issued to all of us in CID.

The only thing worse than lawbreakers, are lawmakers.
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only problem I can see is the "WEAR" I have a Glock 27, and after about 30 times in and out... I can see some wear. I did keep in in the car over night when it got to -2 , wanted to see if it froze, if it would crack when I tried to draw the gun out. Worked just fine! NO CRACKS [^]

Thanks for all the help!
  • SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mine is functionaly fine.good retention and it releases clean as long as you use the proper draw angle..(which is a good thing) my only gripe is that the paddle is hard to get out and I havent seen it yet but i have the same wear concerns listed above

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail alisonandwalt@charter.net
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I didn't like mine and gave it away.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several of my customers are using them with Glocks. Most like the FOBUS. I'd not be comfortable carrying a blued handgun in one as wear might be more noticeable.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a DeSantis paddle holster in leather for my Glocks and the secret to easy on/easy off was simply to get in the habit of lifting the muzzle end of the holster out away from your body before pulling up on the paddle. This lifts the hooks/nubs away from the belt and releases the paddle nicely.

I can't say if a Fobus would be as easy to operate. I haven't tried a Fobus yet because so few sellers bother with the left handed segment of the shooting world population, even though Fobus now offers lefties. I have heard, though, that the roto feature makes the holster stick out too far for CCW, and you are better off with a straight paddle design. I'm also curious about that other maker of Fobus-type form-fitting poly holsters. They are good looking as well.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpg Life Member - fortbutton2.gif
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fobus are pretty good little holsters.. Uncle Mikes also has one that is similar, called a kydex holster.. you can purchase these with a thumb break which most departments require these days.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Just make sure and keep them clean.

I wonder if they're dishwasher safe.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one this past year for a Walther P99 great setup I will pick up one maybe two more I like everything about them

psalms 16
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I saw that they now have one for the Glock's with the M-3 TAC lights. I'd like to try one of these. I love having my light attached.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just saw that CHEAPERTHANDIRT has them for the Glock 26/27 for under $10.00...... Now thats a DEAL! [^]

Thanks for all the help!
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've tried both the Fobus and Uncle Mikes and the UM is easier to draw from. The Fobus ate right through the blue on my HP which didn't help my disposition at all. I wouldn't recommend them for blued guns-only synthetic/stainless ones.

Mobuck
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offeror, G & G makes a paddle holster called the Comfort paddle.. These fit men with bellies and women better.. G&G are nice leather holsters.. I would put them up to Galco anyday..