In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gauge reducers

searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was cruising the new Cabelas catalog and ran across these gauge reducers. They are sleeves that reduce a 10 ga to 12 or 20 ga, a 12 ga to 20, 28, or 410 ga. a 16 ga to the same as a 12 ga, a 20 ga to a 28 or 410 ga, and a 28 ga to a 410 ga. I have absolutely no use that I can think of for these things, but they kind of have my curiosity up. I would imagine that they would cause the smaller shells to throw a larger pattern, and have reduced muzzle velocity due to the smaller wadding allowing gas to pass it. Any of you have any experience with them?

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
Albert Einstein

Comments

• Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I wonder also why they make these.

The pistol caliber adapters I can see, place a piece of duct tape over the barrel and fire.....

But the shotgun caliber adapters look useless...buy one and let us know if they increase shot pattern. Might just be useful for something.

kabalogoshadowed.gif