In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GAS, $3.00 WOW!!!

ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
if OPEC votes to cut another 5 percent from its output, unleaded gas prices could reach the "upper limits of $2.75 to $3 this summer," said John Person, head financial analyst at Infinity Brokerage Services....

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Get ready to dig deeper into your pockets at the gas station this summer: $3 per gallon gasoline could be headed to a pump near you.

Paying the ultimate price

While Infinity's Person sees prices peaking at $3 in some metro areas in the worst of circumstances, OPIS' Kloza sees average prices rising above $2 but reaching the high-$2 range for only a brief period if at all. If any region sees prices near $3 a gallon, it would be already high-priced markets like California and Chicago and would occur only after a refinery outage or two, he said.

"The gasoline market will have an irregular heartbeat ... racing at times and resemble brachyadia at others," Kloza said. "The overall retail average for the year will be the highest ever," but there will a huge gap between the highest and lowest prices, which could still run as low as $1 a gallon in some states.

Fimat's Kilduff said it would be difficult for average prices to climb much higher than $2. "Some sort of government intervention would occur at levels around $2.25," he said, though he did accept the possibility of $3 gas in certain snag-prone areas, such as California.

Enercast's Ameko argued that federal and state politicians would likely intercede rather than sit idly by should prices skyrocket.

"Going into an election year, $3 retail prices would spell disaster," Ameko said. He doesn't expect demand to be strong enough to lift prices above $2.25, and suggested prices will average around $2.15.

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I cant afford the $1.50 Im paying now[:(!]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Big StickBig Stick Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We pay $5 a gallon for milk and bread is over $2.50 a loaf. Gas is currently $2.10 and to hit $2.20 in the morning for the low end junk.

That oughtta cheer you boys up....................
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What state are you in?????[:0]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
    Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Holy Cow, I better get me a motorscooter !
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Where is gas a dollar a gallon[?]

That's where I'm goin'.[:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I see it, the price of gas will hit $2.00 a gallon.

Thats what the news sources say, so our local distributors will raise it to meet that goal, it will take a little while.

I see it going up a nickle a week, till it hits that mark.[:(!]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still 1.43 for diesel and around 1.45-1.55 for unleaded
  • .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to quite a few people, the only reason that we invaded Iraq was "for the oil". If that is/was true, ending up paying $2.50 to $3.00 per gallon for gasoline sure doesn't seem like the logical outcome.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Just another reaon to take over the mideast

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Again the Foreign companies are sticking it to the "RICH" americans, Sure glad I own a motorcycle, 60 MPG [:p][:p]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 1980 the powers to be did a study and found at that time the American public would stand up to $2.00 per gallon before they would actively organized a serious boycott and apply political pressure to control the gas prices. I am sure that these people have done the same study for the year 2,000.

As long as no one is complaining in an organized manner the prices will keep going up. Also as long as Joe Credit Card self absorbed America has cash in their pocket and a me, me, me attitude...........prices will just keep climbing as long as we just keep paying.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    So what do you propose? An all out energy boycot? That would be extremely difficult at best!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
    edited November -1
    Something real simple like what was done about 5 or six years ago when prices went up. Simply a voluntary effort to not buy gass on a particular day to send a message. It worked then and prices came down a nickle in one day.

• gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cheapest price around here is $2.03/gallon. Price has always been $3.00/gallon in Amboy. (Only station between Twenty-Nine Palms & Needles.)
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    better start investing your money in Schwinn.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Do as the Amish do, horse and buggy! If everyone in the U.S. caght a gas flu for one day, no buying and no driveing except for emergency purposes for one day, it would wake a few people up.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    $1.76 a gal. here now.......and its 60 miles to a store of any size.Car pool folks,even a day a week at this would cut usage drasticly.....
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Berks, PA. gas just went up 10 cents overnite to $1.65/87oct, I'm not sure but I think diesel is $1.74 [:(!]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
    IMG_8700.jpg
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much are those hydrogen powered cars?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    No more cheap gas in Berks County? Now there is no reason to come down state anymore.[:o)]

• hallchinaladyhallchinalady Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not that I know anything....but if everyone just didn't buy gas for 1 day a week......(stayed home that day, a weekend day perhaps?), think of the hurt we'd put this country in.

I learned at a young age; Don't say "I can't"; say "I'll try!"
    loader_raising_shovel_md_clr.gif?SSImageQuality=Full
    edited November -1
    That would work.........just try to avoid buying gas on a given day and watch the prices fall as a result, but it probably will not happen because people have too much money too spend and the oil company marketers know that well.

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    $1.69 around here for regular. Just plain silly

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • hdwrenchhdwrench Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    prices in western n.y. are 1.79 for low grade -1.99 for premium.

wrench
  • ker2222ker2222 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow. I guess I really don't understand anymore. I mean when Bush wanted to go to war over WMD, many said it was really just the oil. Then, I was pretty upset. I never bought the WMD argument and I thought didn't think old fashioned imperialism as worth the blood of American men and women.

Now, it turns out that there weren't any WMD and we aren't even getting a deal on Oil? I am sure someone is making out--Haliburton?? but what are we doing? God bless our troops and I hope they all return safely and soon.
  • ker2222ker2222 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow. I guess I really don't understand anymore. I mean when Bush wanted to go to war over WMD, many said it was really just the oil. Then, I was pretty upset. I never bought the WMD argument and I thought didn't think old fashioned imperialism as worth the blood of American men and women.

Now, it turns out that there weren't any WMD and we aren't even getting a deal on Oil? I am sure someone is making out--Haliburton?? but what are we doing? God bless our troops and I hope they all return safely and soon.
  • gunrunner1911gunrunner1911 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gas is cheap in the US. Prices at the pump in New Zealand are $1.10 for a liter. roughly $4.40 per gal. I drove my inlaws Jeep Cherokee around for a couple of weeks in Dec. $65-$80 per fill. No one cares they are less wealthy and they still drive trucks around and pay the price. We are lucky to pay so little [;)]
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Toyota Hilux Tiger.

Sold in All countries except the U.S.

Turbo charged 4 cylinder DIESEL pickup. Great torque and gas mileage.

Why is it not imported here?

kabalogoshadowed.gif