In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Forum Poll

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
What causes you more concern, the possibility of additional terrorist attacks in the US, or the probability of more government restrictions in the name of protecting us against said attacks???

My answer......I am much more concerned about the government's lack of action in areas it already has authority in, but not the guts to follow through with, and the probability of further restricting personal freedoms.

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"

Comments

• Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree on what you said - "I am much more concerned about the government's lack of action in areas it already has authority in"

I'm not worried about restrictions of my personal freedoms per the Patriot Act, and I'm really not worried about more U.S. based terrorist acts. I'm concered because, although I am a Bush supporter, I believe the admin had bungled everything it has touched regarding security.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I am more concerned about restrictions on freedom than of any terror attack. Fact is, if they want us, they can have us. That has been demonstrated. Can the government demonstrate that any of their anti-terrorism legislation has actually prevented an attack?

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MUCH more concerned about what the government will do to us.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nunn
    pickenup

Gotta go with that, In fact the sticky posted by Admin about Gun Mgf.http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=163054 being held liable is now under atack by the media as a "right-wing propaganda move" as I watch this on tv, this very moment.

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the more government the better. I think the current administration with its burgeoning agencies and excesses of individual monitoring and control at the price of our Constitution is justified by its elimination of WMD and Saddam Hussein in Iraq, by its almost immediate capture of Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan, by its causing a cessation of terrorism worldwide and by its sealing of our borders to illegal immigrants. I would strongly support any legislation introduced to barcode all infants at birth if it would save the life of just one ATF agent. And I think that more of our tax dollars should go to help relieve Tsunami victims and treat disease in other countries and take grandma's bungalow for purpose of eminent domain than to any mindless veterans programs.
  • Options
    kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Government restrictions on Freedom is a far more clear and present danger to us than anything terrorists can throw at us.

As nunn said, no matter what we do, terrorist can still take out targets. We can recover from even a worst case terrorist attack involving millions dead, damaged infrastructure, etc.

It will be more difficult to get back freedoms we discard in the false hopes of preventing an attack we cannot stop.

I'd rather kill terrorists than freedoms.

http://Blog.LestDarknessFall.com
    http://LestDarknessFall.com
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I'm more concerned about missing a new Sopranos episode.

Thanks to the stupidity of the Democratic Party bosses and
    the enormous apathy of the 'Great American Voter' our
    'future' (fate) is pretty much sealed. No need to get all bothered
    'bout much of anything 'important!' LOL
  • Options
    cruzie27cruzie27 Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kalifornian
    Government restrictions on Freedom is a far more clear and present danger to us than anything terrorists can throw at us.

As nunn said, no matter what we do, terrorist can still take out targets. We can recover from even a worst case terrorist attack involving millions dead, damaged infrastructure, etc.

It will be more difficult to get back freedoms we discard in the false hopes of preventing an attack we cannot stop.

I'd rather kill terrorists than freedoms.

http://Blog.LestDarknessFall.com
    http://LestDarknessFall.com

this gets my seal of approval

th_sign.jpg
    th_P1010032.jpg
  • Options
    kiwibird1kiwibird1 Member Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree that the thought of more govenment restrictions frigtens me. I would mandate on and off duty carry for military and police personell and lift all concealed carry restrictions.

Greg.

Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory.
    737L.jpgDC9L.jpg
    eaws.gifwings2.giffixedspas12.jpg
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA supported 9/11 just to get more funding and take away our rights. Odd how Saudi Arabia was allowed to fly it's people out on 9/11 when all other air travel was grounded.

Just as I ain't surprised NASA is blowing out of proportion 'how old the space shuttles are' to get money for a new vehicle.

They were showing astronauts with $80,000 cnc machined putty knives in space trying to * urethane and repair tile damage. Stupid astronauts never used a putty knife before and were trying to smooth it out with the putty knife point. Guess they don't practice on the ground on the proper use of a frekin putty knife. They could pre-apply the urethane on new tiles on the ground and have a pull-a-way wrapper for astronauts but that wouldn't meet their objective of getting rid of the space shuttle. They would rather let people die to justify getting a new ride.

Government fooling the sheeple at it's best.