In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Woman Who Married Boy Is Busted!

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
JEEZE_1.jpg
Is this happening more often? Every time I turn around there seems to be a
story about this in the news? I don't recall anything like this in them 'olden
daze!' ... am I imagining this??

woman.jpg

Grand jury indicts woman who married boy

GAINESVILLE, Georgia (AP) -- A 37-year-old woman who married a 15-year-old boy was indicted Tuesday on charges of child molestation, statutory rape and enticing a child for indecent purposes.

Lisa Lynette Clark, who says she is pregnant with the teenager's child, was arrested earlier this month after their November 8 wedding.

She has been ordered not to come within 100 feet of the boy.

Georgia law allows children of any age to marry -- without parental consent -- if the bride-to-be is pregnant. The law dates back to the early 1960s and was written to prevent out-of-wedlock births.

Last week, a judge ruled that the teenager, who skipped school to get married, violated his probation on a previous burglary charge.

The judge ordered the boy not to have contact with Clark.

The child was ordered to remain on probation and could not return home with grandmother Judy Hayles, who was his former guardian.

Hayles filed a police report on October 6 when she learned from a friend that Clark was pregnant.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/30/child.groom.ap/index.html

Comments

• Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Just so we're clear on this:

The boy:
    - 15 years old
    - Lives with grandmother
    - Prior conviction for burglary
    - Got a 37-year-old woman pregnant
    - Violated his probation and skipped school to marry her

The woman:
    - 37 years old
    - Pregnant with a 15-year-old boy's baby
    - Married him
    - Charged with child molestation among other crimes
    - Subject to a restraining order to keep her away from the boy

It sounds like a match made in heaven, to me.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This has been happening since the beginning of time,, just better MEDIA,

Those who can make you believe absurdities
    can make you commit atrocities.

Do I give my friends advice? NO, . They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I finished high school in 1979,my senior year I was having an affair with my married 27yr old french "from Louisiana" teacher.Lasted almost all year until her sister who happened to be in the same grade as me found out.I knew a girl in my class that set dead aim at one of the coaches ,he kept turning her down,made her mad and she told his wife they were having sex after school,she was proven to be lieing and all turned out OK for him but this has always gone on,the media now makes a much bigger deal about it than they used too,slow news days ,they have to find something to report and both sex and gun crimes sell
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know, in Arknasas, this would be in the society pages of the paper along with 15 more wedding announcements just like it.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it happens all the time and has been hapopening for a long time.

I was going to college in boston and i ran into a girl from my high school class. She had just started college two years late because she had married one of the history teachers at my high school right after graduation.

I got to know this girl better and she told me she had begun her affair with this teacher when she was 15 and had "dated" him all through high school before marrying him.

The reason she was back in school and divorced two years later is because her husband, the teacher, was having an affair with another of his students.

Who knows how many years this was going on and how many students this teacher took advantage of.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:"This has been happening since the beginning of time ..."

Man ... I shoulda been more alert ... that's all *I* can say!

WHAT was I THINKING!???
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    quote:"This has been happening since the beginning of time ..."

Man ... I shoulda been more alert ... that's all *I* can say!

WHAT was I THINKING!???

Zipper,

Are you saying that during your career in education you never saw any indication of improper relations between student and teacher?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zipper.. I am a lot older than you and I can remember my High School English teacher,what a looker, she was banging more than one guy in my class,, She wound up marrying the Science teacher. that was back in 1953.

Just cause you didnt see it happening, dont mean it wasnt..[;)]

Do I give my friends advice? NO, . They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Zipper.. I am a lot older than you and I can remember my High School English teacher,what a looker, she was banging more than one guy in my class,, She wound up marrying the Science teacher. that was back in 1953.

JEEZE_1.jpg

I can't remember ONE NUN
    who was doing that in
    MY school!

(LOL ... kidding!)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And I always thought the Nuns were doing the Priestly thing>>[}:)][;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I always thought the Nuns were doing the Priestly thing

THAT'S RIGHT!

... I rest my case! LOL
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kissin Cousins?[:0]

JBoss...If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!

M16.gif
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judging from the picture, I certainly wouldn't have felt molested. I think she's hot.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Idsman I was thinking the same thing. I wish grand juries were more than just a DA rubber stamp and had people who understood the difference between justice and law.

wings2.gif
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Sure, with the exception of the "cool mom" here in Colorado, these women are pretty attractive but what is it in these women's psyche that draws them towards young boys? Mothering instinct gone horribly wrong? The desire to train a male as if he were a puppy? I mean are these women so badly damaged emotionally that they can only connect with a fifteen year old (and younger) boy?

And most importantly, where were they when I was eighteen?

What was I, chopped liver?

I'm feeling lonely.

Somebody hug me.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    WE HAD ALMOST THE SAME THING UP HERE, 20 SOMETHING GIRL TAKES A 15 YEAR OLD BOY UP IN THE HAY MOW, GETS PREGNANT, GETS CHARGED W/SAT. RAPE ECT.= A COUPLE OF YEARS IN THE KLINK. GETS OUT, BOY IS NOW 18, SUES HIM FOR CHILD SUPORT.
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hit_it.gif

[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][;)][;)][:D][:D]

JBoss...If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!

M16.gif
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    So the 15 year old boy should get the judge to rule no future child support since he was a minor and was legally raped under the law.

[:p][:p][:p][:D][:D]