In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TURN ON CSPAN - 2 !

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
TAKE A LOOK AT CSPAN-2. THEY ARE COVERING THE SENATE FLOOR AND PRELIMINARY VOTES ARE BEING TAKEN...

I have put in a videotape and plan to get it all down on tape -- I want to remember who does what! You might do the same, and those lucky enough to have unlimited digital recording might want to put it all on DVD-Rs.

Anyway, maybe a sticky on this matter for a day or two, Mr. Nunn??? Everyone should be alerted that CSPAN-2 is covering this live.

-- off

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, tuned it in.

Them ducks is wary.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many Senators are absent at the moment; a quorum is not yet present. Let's hope they are all back at their offices reading gun rights e-mail. This matter may either affirm or hobble the Bill of Rights, folks. Thanks for the enthusiasm, by the way.

Those of you who have never bothered to look at CSPAN before -- it's an education, even though it can be like watching paint dry during the slow spots. Just when you turn it off, something massive will happen....

Gotta go, Ted Kennedy is spouting off....

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am watching it now..
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about some transcripts posted!, even just some notes, what are they saying, give us the dirt, I DON'T GET C-SPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I am watching now. Ted Kennedy is talking about minimum wage? [:0]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep us up to date. I want to know everything(don't get CSPAN)

Someday when I'm cool I'll have a .50

Me own a 9mm...I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire!
    edited November -1
    Right now Ted Kennedy is screaming about the Republicans bringing up what he calls "special interest legislation" and going point by point through his "no jobs" arguments. Apparently our e-mail is getting through or he wouldn't be so mad about the possibility of passing this. He claims that finally our President "has agreed and admitted" we are not going to get a jobs recovery, and no, no, hard-working Americans who are playing by the rules have to put up with Republican special interest legislation on the Senate floor. Hmm. Maybe he's implying the frivolous gun lawsuits will be placed on hold 'til the jobs come back? NOT! [8D]

Oh my God, now Ted has "visual aids" out! He's got a huge posterboard Powerpoint presentation -- all about Unemployment?!?! Like the Senate never covers other matters?!?!? God, how phony and twisted these libs are willing to be. Have they no shame? Oh, now it's "Unemployment's Affect on the Family." They need a judge to pound a gavel and rule they are off topic, I think....

American democracy -- you gotta love the BS, I guess.... He might as well be reading the phone book, so maybe this is the start of a fillibuster??? Guess he had this presentation stuff in a handy closet somewhere....

edited November -1
    Offeror he has to get the point across somehow. This country is going down the drain. I could care less what party he belongs too. Someone had better get it straight fast or we are all going to be hungry.
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm at work, keep us posted.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yea please keep me posted im on lunch break at work just reading a few post

the thing that scares me is that we could be living in someone else's own reality
    edited November -1
    Ted ran out of steam -- now Larry Craig of Idaho is reminding him that at Savage Firearms in Westerfield, Mass (Kennedy's home state) hundreds of jobs are at stake because of lawsuits whose only cynical purpose is to try to put them out of business. 600 Colt workers, members of a union local, are at risk. He says the working people of this country are a special interest, and the tens of millions of gun owners are a special interest. Craig says his job is to try to protect them from phony lawsuits that put firearms industry jobs in jeopardy. Bravo.

Oh my God, they're letting Feinstein go next......... And she "rises to strenuously object"...... It's gonna be a long day 'til we see a crack of sunlight on that Senate floor......

edited November -1
    Offeror, I have my Pocket nine and might shoot my t.v. if she don't get off !!
    edited November -1
    OHH GOD! Keep us updated!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Now she's claiming that gun manufacturers engage in "irresponsible marketing" but has no examples of that marketing. The next words out of her mouth were about a kid who was shot in the chin "by his baby-sitter." What manufacturer advertised for baby-sitters, I wonder???? And she calls the .38 special used in the accident a "Saturday Night Special." Gee, don't we already have a law for those? And exactly what made it a "Saturday Night Special"? Was it defective, or was it merely a well-made gun, misused by a baby-sitter? What was she doing fooling with it on the job in someone else's home?

edited November -1
    Keep it coming offeror!

I just sent that two legged female dog a nice email[:D][;)][}:)] Hope she reads it

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Somebody who is watching this and has cheap long distance PLEASE CALL ME AND LAY THE PHONE NEXT TO THE TV!!!!!!! This is killing me![:(!]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the updates, Offerer. With all this modern tech, some of us are at work and out of view of TV's. Puts it somewhat into the communication relay that took place at the hanging of some of Lincoln's convicted assassin group: soldiers atop the wall of the hanging yard shouted updates to the people outside.
    edited November -1
    7mm I would go shootin' but it is rainin real hard now! She is talking about gun locks and all the poor children in the homes.
  • gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything new?

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"
    edited November -1
    Hell select fire, shoot the TV! If Fiendog is on it it is ruined now[:(!]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    She is talking about straw now. I can't bale any straw or hay today it is too wet. Don't she know anything.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Stuck at work - keep us updated
    Super thanks
    Walte
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Figures, aint got speakers on the computer yet or have cable hooked up either, I hate moving.

Keep us updated!!

The suspense is killing me....

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • stevemmstevemm Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Senator Mike DeWine (R) Ohio just finished outlining the dangers of this legislation. He said that we should not protect gun dealers that illegally sell their product. We do not need friends like this.
    edited November -1
    More updates please![:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Dick Durbin D-Illinois Says gun dealers sell to gangs wholesale!! He is a good one. No he is playing the Sept 11 Card He is a piece of work! S1805 cop killer bill!

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish the Republican Party would kick Mike DeWhine (DeWine) R-Ohio, out of the party. He is pretty worthless.

The liar from Illinois, the dishonorable Dick Dirtbin (Durbin) is speaking now and is saying his piece (more garbage)

Larry Craig is doing a wonderful job!
    edited November -1
    Sen Larry Craig is kickin buttt He is on our side!!

edited November -1
    Whats he saying? C-mon tell us!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Dick durbin is back on He is a wise * He is mocking the nra and saying that If you buy three guns a month you are a gun traficer....He is a jagoff(A little Pittsburgh)

edited November -1
    man, are they really that dumb or do they think everyone else is? Sounds like bad lawyer tricks for as jury[V]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who do these politicians represent? Certainly, it is not the people. If it is, where are these people? Who are they? Why are they so ignorant?

Damn, I hate politicians.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
    edited November -1
    Now Maria Cantwell D-Washington Is talking about unemployment I dont get it.

edited November -1
    They know what they want to say before they get on the floor. They don't care about the actual debate; just how they will look for their particular special interest. You would think that CSPAN would help focus their efforts on their jobs but I guess they just don't care whether we are watching or not.
    edited November -1
    Senator Max Baucus (D) Montanna (I believe a co-sponsor) has gotten the debate back on track and is supporting the bill
    edited November -1
    Sen Max Baucus D-Montana He is with us. He is pleading our case to everyone. He is a good guy. He want this bill to pass.

• Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please! keep the info comin

Thanks to all the guys keepin us up to date

163500_item.jpgSomeday when I'm cool I'll have a .50

Me own a 9mm...I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire!
  • ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes me proud to be from Idaho when Sen. Craig talks about guns.
    edited November -1
    Sen Jack Reed d-Rhode Island He is against the bill. He is saying that the gun makers are responsible for what there guns do after they sell them. They should know how they are going to be used.